CHAPTER 2

Zoe's POV

I just got out of the plane a few minutes ago and just waiting for my grandparents to pick me up. I'm inside the Starbucks and bought a coffee to go.  I really need some caffeine in my system. I feel tired even it's just an 4 hour flight. 

I sat down and wait for them. They already texted me that they're almost here.  So I put my head phones on play a Beabadoobee song.

The song is called "If you want to".
I put my phone back on my pocket and take a sip of my coffee.  I'm just watching the people going out of the door, some of them hugging their loved once,  and some of them just waiting for their flight.

I'm tapping my fingers on my cup of coffee and humming the song I'm listening when someone tapped my shoulder.  I looked up and saw my grandma smiling at me.

I stand up and gave her a hug.  It's really nice to see someone, a family.
" Your grandpa is outside waiting in the car" she told me and I just nod.  I took my bags and head out the airport.

I saw grandpa get out of the car and help me with my bags.  "Welcome home Zoe" paps said.  I hugged him and said thank you.  I get in the car and so did they.  I'm not really sure how to start a conversation with them.  It's been years since the last time I saw them. 

"Thank you for helping me" I said and smiled. 

"We're greatful to see you again, Zoe. And I'm sorry that we took so long to get you out of there. I know that it's been rough for you" grandma said and hold my hand.

I'm happy that someone will take care of me now.  But it's still a Lil weird and new for me that I'm not alone anymore,  that I have someone again.

"So how's the flight darling? " paps asked

" it's alright. Kinda tiring but I'm happy to be here. He smiled from the rear mirror.

"so what you wanna eat for dinner? " grandma asked

"Can you make those casserole you used to make when I was little? "

"you still remember that? And yes of course I'll make some for you" she seem excited about and I just smiled.

I looked out the window and watch the cars and people passing by.  So this is California. I got a little sleepy all of a sudden.

"Hey, grams can I take a quick nap? " I asked her

"yea sure honey,  it'll be an hour drive so go take some sleep" I nod and rest my head against the window still listening to to music.

My eyes starts to feel heavy everytime I blink then everything was dark.