CHAPTER 23

Zoe's POV

School starts a few weeks ago and Im not really enjoying school. I miss hanging out with the guys specially Michael. He always picks me up for school then after that we'll hang out at my house watching movies, making homeworks and most of days we just cuddle and sleep.

The bell ring and I put my things in my bag and push myself through the hallway full of students. I still don't have friends cause it's really hard for me to make friends. So yea it's just me for now. I'm not hoping to get some friends cause I don't really mind if I don't get one.

I walk to my locker and put my other books in and texted Michael to pick me up. He'll be here in 10 mins so still have a little time to go to the restroom. Once I reached the restroom I look at myself in the mirror looking like shit. I fixed myself wiping the smudge mascara on my eye from scratching it earlier. I sometimes forgot that I wear make up.

My phone ringed and saw Mikey's caller ID

Me: hey Mikey! You there yet?

Mikey: almost there just a few blocks away honey

Me: okay see you in a bit

We hang up then put my phone back in my pocket. Before I was leaving I noticed some pair of feet in the cubicle. It's a black worn out converse and she seems crying.

"urmm... Hello?  Are you okay?" I asked. I waited for a few seconds to wait for a respond but nothing.

"okay... I'll leave now" I left the restroom and im just few steps away from the door when  someone opened it. I look back and saw a girl came out wearing all black with a purple hair. I didn't saw her face tho.

I started to walk out of this hell hole and I saw Mikey sitting on the good of his car waiting for me. I smiled in the view of him looking all punk rock with his faded red hair.

"Hey babe how's school" he asked giving me a long tight hug. I was all tired earlier but once he hug me like this it seems like I got charged and be all energized again.

"same old same old, still sucks" I said handing him my bag and getting in the car.

"you should dye your hair again. It's already fading" I suggested. She starts the car and drive off.

"what color tho?" he asked focusing on the road. I think of a color that will suit him

"what about... Blue?" I suggested

"hmm... That's a good color to be honest"

"I was thinking an opposite color or red so yea blue. And it's a cool color too"

"opposite... The opposite of cool or hot. Is that mean you think I'm hot?" he looked at me with a smirk on his face. I just rolled my eyes

"no I think you're a dork" I said and laughed

"I'm your dork" my blood rushed through my cheeks giving me tint of red on the cheek. I hate it when he do that cause I can't help not to blush.

I put some music on and jam with him on the way home.

-----

Me and Michael are in my room. I'm doing my essay for English and he's there in my bed laying and playing on his phone. I'm about to finish the essay when he call me

"stop doing that for a sec and cuddle with me.  I feel cold and I miss cuddling with you" he whined and pouted

"give me a few minutes I'm almost done Mikey and we always cuddle every single day when I got home from school" I chuckled still writing my essay

"well... That's not enough.  You have to cuddle with me all my life. I like to cuddle with you right now missy" he said being all bossy. I mentally roll my eyes on him. I put my pen down when I finish writing the last word on my essay and stretch my arms and back.  I'm so tired and starving.

I get up and walk towards the bed yawning. I scoot in and Michael wrap his arm around me.

"sleepy princess?" I just nodded and he starts to play with my hair. It always makes me relax and sleep easily.

"take a nap I'll be here when you wake up" he kisses my head and by that I sleep with a smile on my face

-----

"Just let him go please! Don't hurt him" I begged him to let go of Michael that was tied up in the chair with bruises on his face.

Greg just there with a smirk on his face with a gun on his hand

"You don't deserve him Zoe. You just make his life miserable and putting him in danger. You're making everyone life miserable!" those words breaks through me. He's right, I'm putting everyone in danger. First my mom then my grandparents and now Michael. He even tried to hurt Luke. I can't make this happened I have to do something.

"babe,  please get out of here I'll be fine.  Just run please!" Michael begged with tears in his eyes.  I looked at him and it breaks my heart into million pieces seeing him like this. It's all my fault that he's here. I won't let anything happened to him.

"No, Michael I'm not going any where.  I'm not leaving you here with this animal!" referring to Greg who's now look like a a fucking mess. He's drunk too.

"JUST FUCKING LET HIM GO GREG!  TAKE ME INSTEAD! ILL GO WITH YOU. ILL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT.  IF YOU WANT TO KILL ME,  THEN DO IT!  KILL ME! DONT TOUCH MICHAEL PLEASE!" i tried to convince him and I think it's working. I walk closer to them slowly and when I'm about to say something, Greg point his gun at me. I just stood there with a shaking hand taking a glance to Michael.

I love him so much I can't stand that he's hurting like this. Greg walk towards Michael placing the gun on his head.

"NO!!!  PLEASE! DONT HURT HIM PLEASE!!!"

-----

Michael's POV

I woke up when I hear someone shouting then I saw Zoe having a bad dream.  She's crying and all sweaty

"NO!!!  PLEASE! DONT HURT HIM PLEASE!!!" what is she dreaming about? I get up and trying to wake her up

"Babe wake up!  Zoe,  its just a dream please wake up" and she opens her eyes finding me.

"I'm here baby. I'm here shh it's okay" she hugged so tight not letting go. She seems so scared and crying still. I don't know what to do when she's like this.  It's like my comforts ain't enough. I'm not enough to make her better. She hugs me even more tighter

"it's okay baby I'm here" it took her a while to calm down and now she's looking down and not talking.

"you wanna talk about it?" I rubbed her back trying to comfort her.  She didn't speak she just held my hand. I'm getting worried that there's a lot on her mind right now and I don't even know a single thing.

"i-its my Greg... My d-dad" the name of that basted makes my blood boil in instant. What did he do this time?