CHAPTER 8

Zoe's POV

Me and Michael are in the park near Ashton's house. Still smoking and trying to figure out how to start with it. I took another hit and started to speak.

"I'm originally from Michigan. Both my parents abandoned me when I was 10 and I ended up into an orphanage there for 8 years. It's never been easy for me there, the girls at the orphanage hates me, calling me weird stuff cause I'm all different, cause look at me I'm all I'm dark color clothing, different taste in things, and parent's who trying to adopt kids don't like me either. It's really hard to see everyone getting their own family and you're just there watching them leaving one by one." I stopped for a moment trying to hold in my tears and lit another stick. I can feel he's eyes looking at me while talking and I don't dare to meet with those eyes in this state cause I'll break down anytime soon.

"the girls there make me do things, clean their rooms,  wash their plates,  just being a maid in general. I even tried to k-kill myself multiple times" I choked in the middle of my sentence when I told him that. I didn't know what got into me. He hold my hand and I watch what he will do. He looked at my covered arm "may I?" asking my permission to pull my sleeves up so he can see my wrist. I just nodded and let him see my ugly arm with a lot of old scars and fresh cuts.

He stroke his fingers through my cuts and look at it sadly. He started to teared up and kiss my both wrist. What he did makes my heart melt and can't hold me tears anymore.  No one did something like this to me.  This is the sweetest thing that someone did to me.

"please promise me that you'll never gonna hurt yourself again." I just looked at him with tears streaming down my cheeks. I can't promise him that,  cause I'm sure I'll break that promise. I just looked down and started to cry even more.  He just hugged me and lemme cry on his shoulder. I never let anyone see me cry or vulnerable but with him,  it feels like it's fine to be weak and cry.  I feel safe in his arms.

He pull away and wiped my tears from my cheek and smile weakly. "you wanna go at my place?  You seem tired, you can crash there if you want. Cause I'm not gonna let you be alone in your house tonight" he said hoping I'll say yes. I don't wanna be alone so I just nodded and he seem happy about it.

We go back to Ashton's house to get the car. He opened the door for me and smiled at him as a thank you.  He run to the other side of the car and get on the driver's seat then started to drive. It's not a long drive from Ashton's house. He parked the car outside a blue house with a tree on the side. I got out of the car and come over to Michael's side.

"here we are, this is my home" he said. We walk towards the door trying to be quiet as possible. "my parents are home but they won't mind if I have a guest, let's be quiet until we get into my room" he whispered and locked the door. I scanned my eyes around it's a lovely home even I can't barley see anything cause it's dark. I felt a hand hold me and Michael motioning me to follow him upstairs.

I followed him trying not to make a sound. He opened a door at the end of the hall and assuming that this is his room. I get in and he closed the door behind him. I just look around and I can tell he's into music and rock band.

"so you're into rock bands too?" I asked still looking at the band posters all over his walls.

"well yeah I'm into that" he said and chuckled then tap the other side of the bed letting me to seat. I did what he said and saw a guitar in the corner of the room.

"you play too?" I asked. I sound so annoying asking too many questions

"yea, me and the guys are actually in a band" I was surprised about what he said cause that's really cool. I wonder if he sings too.