CHAPTER 5

Zoe's POV

It's my first day on my job and I'm getting ready.  I put on some clothes and there's no uniform or anything do I'll just wear what I have in my closet. It's currently 8:05 pm and grams already made breakfast.

I go down stairs to eat some breakfast and straight out to the town to get some coffee from the coffee shop I've been yesterday. It's pretty sunny day and I feel motivated. I'm surprised that I feel this way cause I'm not a morning person trust me.

I'm almost in my work place and I saw bea opening the store.  "Hey,  good morning! " I greeted her and she said hi back. She started to explain to me what to do during working hours. How to sort the CDs and put them into the shelves.

"Oh and by the way here's your name tag" she gave it to me and pinned it on my shirt.  This job isn't bad as I expected, besides Bea is nice and cool to be with.

A few hours pasts and it's almost 2 PM.  There's no one entering the store that much so I've decided to put on my earphones and play some music to kill the time. 

I played Miss you By Blink 182

And started to sing a long with it while walking through the aisle. I run my fingers through the CDs and look at it.  Music is one of the important thing in my life.  It helps in so many ways.

I'm humming to the song while watching my footsteps when I suddenly bumped into someone.

"sorry I didn't see you come in and---" I stopped in my mid sentence when I
saw who it was.

"this is the second time you bumped into me,  is this what they call... Destiny?" he said. I can tell that he's just messing around. 

"urmm ahh.. Im sorry I always bumped into you I didn't see you there" I told him and feel embarrassed

"it's all good don't worry about it" he smiled at me.  I started to stare at him for a few seconds then suddenly I heard him cleared his throat.

"oh yea,  how can I help you? " I asked
"I just finding some new songs to listen to" he said while looking through the shelves.

"whats in your mind?" asking him while scanning my eye through the CD rack. He keep looking for something he doesn't know what it is so I let him do his thing.

"to be honest I don't know. Sometimes I just randomly go here and just look for something that I think I'd like" I totally get what he means.  But why is he scanning some good songs here if there's internet when almost everything are in there?

"by the way I'm Michael. Maybe this is the right time to introduce my self cause this is the 2nd time we bumped into each other" he jokingly said

He looked at me like he was waiting for something "oh yea sorry.  I'm Zoe" I said and he offered his hand and take it.

"I like it in here and yes I know that internet exist but it's different here, I just like it here that's all. I know I doesn't make sense" he said and chuckled about what he told me. I just shrugged and let him look through the CDs and records.

I walked towards the front desk and just seat there and wait him to find something.  Until a certain song played on my phone. I don't know if it's just me but I always have this feeling when I hear a certain song and reminds me of what I felt those times then makes me all sad and depressed again.

I'm getting sucked out of this world when suddenly someone waved a hand on my face. I blinked a few times and saw Michael with 3 CDs on his hand.

"finally found what you're looking for? " I asked and looked what he got. 

"My Chemical Romance, Peirce the Veil and Good Charlotte. Good taste in music" I commented.

"well I like bands. They speak through their songs and you can relate to it.  Unlike some songs in this generation where everything is about ass, sex and nasty stuff" he said and laughed to his own statement. I nod for agreeing with him.

I put the CDs inside a bag and he payed for it.  He said keep the change and I just put it on the tip jar beside the cashier.

" so urrmm, see you around?" he asked

"yea see yah" i answerd with a weak smile. He said his goodbyes and i heard the door opened and closed leaving me all alone in here. Bea is out for a while cause something came up in her house so I cover for her.

Just hearing that song makes me feel all depressed again.  It's like it keeps following me even how hard I run away from it. I'm getting tired of feeling like this, I don't see anything to grab on to or make myself stop from thinking like this.

I tried to distract myself from my own thoughts and just look outside the store and watch people pass by.