CHAPTER 27

Michael's POV

The thought of Zoe clouds in my head.  It's been weeks since the day I caught her hurting herself again. I don't know what to do anymore. I feel helpless I can't make the person I love happy.

I'm sleeping in Ashton's basement for a week now. I need some time to think. I miss her every single day but I don't know if she wants to see me. Yes she did something stupid but it didn't make me mad. It makes me feel sad cause I'm not enough for her.

It's 3:15 in the morning but I can't make myself sleep. I barely sleep this past few days cause I'm worried about her.  Thinking what she's doing right now, is she eating? Is she still going to school? She's all in my head.

I get up from the sofa and sneak out the basement. I need some air. I get in the car and drive to our fave spot.
Her favorite song starts to play making me miss her more.

Tears starts to form in my eyes. I love her so much and I don't wanna lose her. I look outside and saw the moon remembering our matching tattoo.

To the moon and back

Wondering if she's looking at the moon right now and thinking about me.

Zoe's POV

I'm in my bed looking outside the window. The light from the moon starts to hit my face when the cloud starts to uncover it. The moon is so beautiful. The thought of Michael is all in my head. I havent eating much this past few days. Barely go to school too. Not really in the mood for everything.

Michael decided to sleep in Ashton's until we all cool down and it's been a week now but he's still not coming home. I'm starting to think that hell never gonna come back and just abandon me like my parents did.

I look at the tattoo on the side of my wrist and trace it with my finger. Remembering the day we both got the matching tattoos. It makes me smile but at the same time sad cause he's not here with me.

I look back at the moon wondering if he's looking at it too while thinking about me.

"I miss you Mikey, please come home" I said to myself while looking at the moon hoping he'll hear me.

-----

I hear mumbles around me can't able to tell what they're saying. I move a little making them shush. I open my eyes trying to adjust them to the light. I scratch my eye starts to get up. And I saw Luke, Ashton and Calum standing in front of me.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked and reach for my phone. I sleep in again cause it's almost 3 in the afternoon now.

"Zoe, you have to talk to Michael he's a mess" Luke said. Of course they're here because of Michael. I just sigh and cover myself with the blanket.

"He's not eating much and barely talk to us. He's not himself and we're worried." Calum added and there's me still not saying anything.

"We don't know what happened to you guys but I hope you guys fix it" Ashton said and felt someone sat on my bed. So he didn't tell them what happened. There's a minute of silence. I uncover myself and seat up not making any eye contact.

"We're worried about you too you know that?" Luke said.

"I thought you'll talk to me at least but you didnt" he added. I usually talk to him about stuff but I didn't cause I don't wanna tell anyone how selfish and pathetic I am. And the fact that this is not the first time I did it. I promised them that I won't do it again but I'm bad at promises.

"I'm sorry I didn't talk to you guys. I'm not really in the mood of anything. I'll try to talk to him soon but not now. I don't think he wants to see me" I said trying not to break into tears again. I'm such a fucking cry baby.

"He misses you, Zy. And we know that you do miss him too" Calm kneel beside my bed trying to make an eye contact with him. I just nodded and wipe tears away.

"You wanna grab some brunch?" Luke asked. I agreed and they let me change into something and leave the room. I put some sweatpants and Michael's band tee. It smells like him which makes me miss him more.

I put my hair into messy bun then put bunch of bracelets of my wrist covering my scars and cuts. I put my black and white converse, get my phone from the night stand and get down stairs. Once they saw me, they got up and ready to go.

---

We pull up in some random fast food. We got out and walk towards the glass door. There's a decent amount of people in here, not too crowded which is good. I told them to order anything for me cause I'm not really that hungry.

I find some vacant seats beside the window and just wait for them to go here.  I look outside the window and just watch the cars and people passing by. A girl about my age with a pink shirt and white plaited skirt on her phone passed by, a couple just walking their cute dog. They seem have simple life when you look at them but I'm sure they have their own struggles and problems in life.

I just keep looking outside the window when I noticed a familiar white van parked beside Ashton's car. That's not there when we got here. I froze when a guy got out of the car looking around. I start to panic and didn't know what to do when our gaze met. Tears starts to form in my eyes and my hands are shaking. I struggled to get up cause my knees are weak but did it anyways.

I run outside making the guys yell at me and ask where am I going but I didn't answer them and just run. I open the glass door and run towards him feeling all furious. He looks at me with his smirk face again it's making me annoyed.

"Leave me the fuck alone! Don't come near me or my friends! You got that?! What do you fucking want anyway?! You want money?! I'll give you some money!" I get my wallet on my pocket and threw my money for a month to his face.

He just look at me clenching his jaw. He money flew around. He grabbed me tightly on the arm making me whine in pain.

"I don't fucking need your money! I want you dead!" why he keeps saying that? What did I even do to him? I shake in fear and trying to get his hands off me.

"What I even do to you?! You fucking abandoned me and now you're back in my life and wants to end it?! You're a psycho piece of shit!" I felt a sting on my cheek and found my self laying on the cold pavement. He slapped me leaving a bruise on my cheek and a taste of blood in my mouth.

"GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HER!" I hear Luke said while Calum helped me to get up.

"You little boys can't stop me from doing what I want" Greg said spitting on the ground

"unbelievable, you're such a slut like your mother. You fuck them all are you?" he said laughing in the end. 

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE OR WE'LL CALL THE COPS" Ashton said and took his phone out of his pocket. Greg back away and walk towards his crappy car.

"Take care, honey.  Daddy will come and get you" he said with a smirk on his face making me scared.