1

author's pov
(monday)
"fuck off," colby laughed. brennen laughed with him, following a close step behind.
"all i said was you'd be pretty hot with a septum piercing!" brennen laughed even more, clutching his stomach.
"i've got a nose ring, that's enough for now, b," colby chuckled gently, leaning against his locker. brennen leaned forwards, as if to kiss him, and colby shook his head, putting his finger to brennen's lips.
"no. i've already said no," colby grinned, looking at brennen with caring eyes.
"why?" brennen frowned.
"because," colby grinned.
"because what?" brennen asked.
"because we both know that this - us - won't last in this school. you've seen the looks we get just for being together all the time. you get it, b. don't play dumb," colby suddenly changed moods, storming off down the corridor. brennen stared hopelessly after him as he pinned a boy, a couple inches shorter than him, against a locker, screaming in his face.

that was when the striking blonde walked in.

everything stopped.

colby stopped screaming at the boy. brennen stopped gawking at colby. everyone in the corridor stopped and stared as he stared at the ground, his beautiful blonde locks covering piercing blue eyes and black framed glasses.
"holy fuck," colby's jaw dropped open from the other end of the corridor. brennen scowled, approaching the blonde at a quick pace.
"who the fuck do you think you are?" he yelled, anger filling him. colby couldn't leave brennen for this rando. they weren't officially together, but brennen wanted him all to himself, nothing more, nothing less.
"i-i-i'm s-sorry," the blonde pushed up his glasses as brennen slammed him into a couple of lockers.
"brennen! leave him alone," colby jogged up to the pair, shoving brennen away from the blonde.
"you ok, blondie?" colby asked, his voice gentle.
"i-i think s-s-so," the blonde stumbled on his words.
cute, colby thought.
"are you new here?" colby asked the obvious question. before the blonde could answer, brennen interrupted.
"babe, why are you speaking to this nobody?" brennen looked the blonde up and down with a face full of disgust.
"don't call me babe. and because i can. didn't realise you fucking control me, brennen," colby rolled his eyes, pushing brennen away, who felt terrible. not because of the incident, but because colby hadn't called him brennen in years. he only did when they had a terrible argument, causing all sorts of problems.
"are you new here?" colby repeated, his voice still gentle. people in the corridor had stopped staring. the beautiful blonde nodded quickly, searching for a way out of this.
"what's your name, cutie?" colby asked with a smile. the blonde couldn't help but think that the boy, with dyed hair, a nose ring and a couple of tattoos in front of him was incredibly attractive.
"s-s-sam," the blonde smiled, taking a glance at brennen, who was watching in disbelief from the other side of the corridor.
"well, sam, i'm colby, and if you ever need anything or any help, come to me. and don't worry about my friend over there, he's just a bit jealous."

...

i'm not even gonna lie this book is gonna be like 11/10.