7

sam's pov
(saturday)
in the end, i picked the film 'alex strangelove'. just to hint to colby that i was a bit homo. i guess he kind of already knew. sort of. i'm guessing he did. it was pretty obvious. especially by the way i dressed. we were both half-laying down on his bed, engrossed in the film, when colby pulled the classic yawn trick. he stifled a huge yawn, stretching his arms out and placing one over my shoulder. i giggled softly and snuggled into him, his warmth radiating through his shirt. despite the heating in his room being on, i was pretty cold. i shivered gently.
"are you cold?" he asked, rubbing my arm softly. i nodded and he pulled a fluffy grey blanket over us, majority of it on me, even though there was enough room for the both of us under it. i picked up an edge and fully draped it over him as well as me, earning a small chuckle. i grinned and fiddled with the bottom of my shirt whilst watching the film. colby took one of my hands, intertwining our fingers, not looking up from the screen at all, just a grin plastered on his face. i grinned stupidly, squeezing his hand softly.

"sammy," a familiar voice said quietly.
"mhm?" i hummed, not opening my eyes.
"sammy, your mom's texted," i identified the voice as colby's, and opened my eyes to see him next to me, my head in the crook of his neck. oh, how i wished we could stay like this.
"how long have i been asleep for?" i asked, stifling a yawn as he passed me my phone. i had a purple iphone 11, with a pink checkered wildflower case, and a plain pink popsocket to match.

'alice told me a boy came to pick you up so when you get back the keys are under the plantpot by the front door because we're going to town. love you xx'

"about an hour," colby grinned, rubbing my arm softly. i giggled.
"sam.. i need to ask you something," he said in a serious tone. i shifted onto my side to face him and nodded.
"are you.. ya know.. gay? or at least into guys?" he asked, cringing at himself.
"was it not obvious?" i laughed, causing him to laugh with relief. "i don't know if i'm gay or bi, but i'm positive that i'm into guys."
"is there any specific guy you're into?" he asked with a smirk.
"maybe.." i grinned.
"and who would that be?" he asked, grabbing my hand, intertwining our fingers.
"hmm.. let me think about that," i giggled.
"could you possibly think any faster?" he smiled.
"yeah, i guess," i giggled again.
"so.. who is the lucky guy?" he squeezed my hand softly. i put my face up to his ear.
"you," i whispered, a broad smile appearing on both of our faces.
"i never could've guessed," he shrugged, picking up his phone.
"hey! don't leave me hanging like that, what do you think?" i whined, frowning. he laughed and put his phone down.
"i'm into you too," he grinned with a laugh.

...

ahhhh 🥺 also tomorrow is the 2 year anniversary of peep dying and i'm not ok.