15

sam's pov
(monday)
i woke up randomly, my eyes struggling to open. it didn't feel like i was in my room. i furrowed my eyebrows, looking around in the darkness, seeing colby next to me. i smiled and looked at the tv, seeing the 'are you still watching' business. i sighed and rolled half onto colby, laying on my stomach with my head and an arm on or over him. he must've felt it, because he shifted to make me more comfortable. once i heard his pretty little snores, i picked up my phone, checking the time.
4:32am.
i sighed and checked my socials, having very few messages. that was a downfall of being new, if there wasn't already enough downfalls. i had very few friends, and the ones i did have didn't hang around with me in person so they didn't look sad. i opened snapchat and took a selfie with the sleeping colby next to me, who still managed to look perfect. the flash was on, and he still didn't wake up.
"you're gorgeous," i whispered to myself, looking at the picture. he had a slight smile on his face, very brief, but it was there. i sighed and put my phone down, concentrating on trying to go to sleep. eventually it worked, because i fell asleep soon enough.

"you awake?" i heard colby whisper.
"i am now," i giggled sleepily. his morning voice was hot.
"sorry if i woke you," he mumbled.
"it's ok," i smiled, realising we were still in the same position we were last night, when i woke up. i giggled to myself.
"i'm so glad school's closed for a few days. it puts off coming out to.. brennen and school i guess," he mumbled with a chuckle.
"maybe we should just tell brennen now. i mean, at least warn him before we go back to school. he really likes you, and it'll really hurt him to see you with me, but at least if you warn him he has some time to prepare himself," i explained my reasoning.
"he's been nothing but an asshole to you and you're still so considerate about his feelings, that's why i love you," he mumbled, shocked at what he said himself.
"i-i m-mean.." he started.
"i love you too," i giggled, kissing him. he sighed with relief and kissed back, chuckling softly.
"so are you gonna tell him?" i mumbled, my lips less than a centimetre away from his.
"yeah, just after this though," he grinned, his eyes flashing from my eyes to my lips before he kissed me.
"c'mon, get to it," i giggled, pushing him away. he took his tattooed hand and picked up his phone with a sigh, looking for brennen's contact to unblock. i smiled to myself, hearing a knock on his bedroom door.
"who is it?" colby yelled.
"it's me," his mom answered.
"come in, behind the curtain," he chuckled, looking at the curtain at our feet. the door opened. i shrunk under the covers.
"this came in the mail," she opened the curtain and threw a small parcel at colby. i had no idea what it was.
"thanks," he grinned. she smiled and left the room, closing the curtain.
"it's the pictures," he squealed like a little kid.
"open it!" i giggled, him opening the package.
"wait, wait, wait!" i took the package from his hands.
"message brennen first," we both said in sync, him with a sigh. he sent him a message saying they needed to talk, and then decided to ring him. he answered within seconds.

(c- colby b-brennen)
c- hello?
b- colby, oh my god i've missed you.
c- i'm not here for sop stories. we need to talk.
b- talk then.
c- i am aware that you like me a lot, and it hurts for you not to talk to me and be around me for the first time in.. well, years. i just wanted to say, i'm in a relationship, and i know you're not gonna like it, but i'm with sam. and i do want to be friends with you again, i really do, but i don't want anybody's feelings to be hurt.
b- i'm so jealous. like actually. i get why you like sam, because i do too.
c- what?!
b- mhm. established this the other day.
c- i'm with sam and you're on speaker, brennen!
b- oh whale. now he knows.
c- anyway, i'm gonna go..
b- see ya.

"what the fuck," i laughed, colby looking concerned.
"what?" he said with a puzzled look.
"brennen likes me? he was the one who almost beat me up - i can't anymore oh my god," i laughed even more.
"... there is no chance that you would ever get with him, right?" he said with a frown.
"of course not. i'd never get with him, i'm all yours, colbs," i stopped laughing and just smiled, watching it sink in for him.
"all mine?" he said doubtfully.
"all yours," i giggled, straddling him in one smooth motion and kissing him.

...

damn. what day does your school finish for christmas? mines on the 19th of december 😩