26

sam's pov
(friday morning)
i woke up with puffy eyes and cheeks, colby laying with his arm over me. i grabbed my phone and checked the time, seeing 9:33am. i had to take a double take. there was literally no point in us going to school, again. i sighed and shook colby awake.
"yeah, baby?" he lifted his head up, his eyes still closed.
"it's half nine," i said quietly.
"wait, am?" he opened his eyes at that, panic in them.
"mhm. we might as well stay off again. but go to yours, i don't wanna be here," i shook my head, remembering the events of yesterday.
"ok. we'll go to mine in a bit, give me time to wake up," he chuckled, kissing my forehead. i melted to his touch and leaned into him, inhaling his smell - aftershave and the vague scent of lemongrass.
"ok," i sighed, smiling slightly. "i'm gonna go get some more water," i added, standing up.
"be careful, baby," colby sighed, kissing me before i stood up. i nodded and grabbed my glass, heading downstairs. i went into the kitchen and saw my mom already in there, her head in her hands. i decided to just ignore her and get the water. i walked around her to the sink, filling up the glass and willing for the tap to go faster.
"put the glass down," she mumbled, turning around slowly. i ignored her and headed towards the stairs.
"i said put the glass down, sam," she sighed, her voice louder. i turned around.
"what?" i snapped.
"i'm sorry. i shouldn't be embarrassed of you. and i just wanted to say his name is howard, we had a lovely time and he's moving in tomorrow," she smiled. i looked at her in disbelief.
"you can't just let a stranger live in the house! i've not even met him, and you're letting him move in! you're fucking wrong," i laughed away the pain, bringing the water upstairs. i went into my room and saw colby sat up, stretching. i watched as his muscles flexed and drank my water.
"you ok? you look worried," he walked over to me, putting his hands on my waist.
"she said the guy is moving in tomorrow. he's a complete fucking stranger and she's letting him live in a house with me and to be like a father figure? i don't wanna be here anymore, please just take me anywhere else," i sobbed, crashing into him.
"hey, hey, it's ok, it's ok, put some clothes on and pack a bag, i'll take you to my house. my mom will let you stay, she'll want me to be happy and for you to be ok and she'll appreciate having another boy around. she'll support you - support us. it'll be great! you wont have to worry about not being able to sleep without me or anything," he explained everything he was saying, and it sounded like paradise.
"o-ok," i sniffled, stumbling out of his arms to my wardrobe. i quickly changed into a simple grey skirt and plain white t-shirt with white knee high socks, topped off with black af1's. i shoved all of my makeup into a bag, then moved onto clothes. i decided i'd come back on sunday to pick up the rest, but i packed two outfits. i sniffled and stood up, colby's arm around me.
"c'mon, we'll make it work," he kissed me once before leading me straight down the stairs and out of the house.

"hey! i made cupcakes!" colby's mom smiled as we walked in.
"hey! i uh.. well, there's a lot of stuff going on at home for sam, and i wanted to know if he could stay here for a while? his mom's letting basically a stranger live in their house and she called him an embarrassment for wearing girly clothes - it's really just not a nice place to be," he explained with a sigh, me at his side.
"yeah, of course! it'll be nice to have another person around the house, and you two make eachother happy. and you don't need to be in that situation, at all. you're such a sweet boy, sam," she grinned. i giggled as she ruffled my hair, smiling. she cooed at my laugh and i blushed, leaning into colby to hide my red face.
"c'mon, let's go upstairs," colby laughed, putting his hand over my shoulder.
"don't forget the cupcakes!" his mom laughed, handing colby a small plate.

...

double update as i said 😌 also the quarterback episode of glee is currently making me cry