35

colby's pov
(thursday afternoon)
i pulled up outside of our house, yawning with the exhausting day i'd had. i was mostly just exhausted by fighting to feeling to actually murder brennen. i plodded up the path, opening the door.
"i'm home!" i half-yelled, laughing as sam came bounding down the stairs. i opened my arms and he ran into them, giggling.
"i missed you," we both said in sync, laughing at eachother.
"oh my god i love you," i chuckled, seeing he'd kept my jumper on.
"i love you too," he squeezed me before letting me go.
"i went for a walk earlier! i got some snacks and then went to the park for a little while. oh, that reminds me, i got you some candy, and i had a really good day. how was yours?" he beamed, taking my bag off of my back and setting it down.
"it was pretty good. i'm glad you had a good day, too. mostly i was fighting the feeling of beating up brennen, but other than that i had a good day. still doesn't sound as fun as yours though. let me go say hello to my mom and i'll be with you in a second," i pecked his lips and rushed off to find my mom.
"hey! i'm home. how was your da-" i stopped as i saw a picture frame of my dad on the sofa. i hadn't seen it in years. and i now realised he looked like sam.
"he looks like your lover, doesn't he? i showed him earlier. even he said they looked similar. anyway, my day was pretty good. what about yours?" she smiled at me as i stared at the picture.
"i-it was ok. i'm g-gonna go upstairs," my breath hitched in my throat and the rooms were spinning as i slowly made my way up the stairs. i didn't even get to my room, i collapsed at the top of the stairs, the top step hitting my ribs, sending a sharp pain shooting through me.
"sam," i said quietly, putting my head to the floor as i watched the world spin and turn black around me.

"colby? colby! oh my god, colby!" was all i heard as i opened my eyes. the room span a little, then went back to normal, and my head was killing me. i groaned and looked around. sam sighed with relief and hugged me. it took me a second to process what he was doing, and then i hugged him back. i had no idea what happened.
"what happened?" i groaned again as i tried sitting up, feeling a sharp pain in my side.
"i-i don't know. you c-called me and you were blacked out on the stairs. i'm so glad you're ok, oh my g-god. is anywhere hurting?" he asked frantically, putting his hand on my cheek.
"my ribs," i frowned, the pain now beginning to get worse as i woke up more.
"here, let me look," he lifted up my shirt gently, running his soft, warm fingers over my ribs.
"there's a massive bruise, did you fall onto your ribs when you collapsed?" he asked.
"i think so," i frowned, resting my head on him.
"lay down," he mumbled. i obeyed, laying on my good side. he took my head in his hands and lap, playing with my hair and scratching my back softly. it felt amazing. i sighed happily and smiled, ignoring the terrible pain in my side.
"your mom said you fainted possible because of shock of seeing the picture of your father after not seeing him or even a picture for so long. and he looks like me, so that doesn't help. i just want you to know that it's okay to feel like that, and that if you ever need me to take care of you just ask, or just give me a sign. i don't mind being the one to take care of you, it gives me a way to give back to you," he explained, giving me a gentle head massage.
"ok. can you take care of me? and do you still have that candy you said about earlier?" i laughed softly.
"yeah, of course," he giggled, reaching over to my bedside table to grab a pack of sour patch kids.
"i love you," i grinned.
"i love you more," he giggled, kissing me.

...

so i have a new book and if you could check that out that'd be cool ig. it's called coffee shop.