25

colby's pov
(thursday night)
"he's downstairs, i can hear him. i wanna go down there but i don't wanna d-disappoint my mom," sam mumbled, probably wishing alice was here.
"honestly, i don't think it's a good idea. do you need like a drink or anything? i'll go and get it for you," i asked asked, my arm around him.
"mhm. i need a drink, just some water. and there's crisps in the top drawer next to the fridge, could you get me some green ones?" he nodded.
"yeah of course. anything else?" i asked.
"no, thanks. i love you," he kissed me and i stood up, leaving the room.
"i love you more," i grinned as i left the room, jogging down the stairs. i walked through into the kitchen, grabbing a glass and filling it up with water.
"is that your son?" a manly voice sounded from the dining room, which was connected to the kitchen.
"uh- yeah. that's my son. right, colby?" his mom grinned nervously.
"no. i'm not your son. i'm the boyfriend of your son, who you're deathly embarrassed about being gay and wearing girly clothes when you shouldn't be, because he is fucking perfect," i scoffed. she had the cheek to try and play it off as me being her son.
"is he joking, or-" the man spoke.
"no, i'm not joking. he's upstairs, crying. all because of her," i yelled, grabbing the crisps and storming upstairs.
"i'd be embarrassed too," he laughed and i mustered the dirtiest look i could. i entered the room to see sam curled up in the corner of the bed, crying again.
"hey, what's wrong baby?" i asked, putting the things down and rushing to his side. he flinched away from me, breaking my heart.
"what's wrong? why'd you flinch?" i reached my hand out slowly, him looking at it warily.
"baby, talk to me," i gently placed my hand on his arm and he froze.
"t-the yell-yelling," he looked at me in terror.
"i'm not gonna hurt you, or yell again, i promise. your food and drink's over there. and just to say, i'd never hurt you. never in a million years," i pulled him closer to me and he threw his arms around me, sobbing. i really didn't want him to go downstairs, i didn't want him to get hurt like that.
"i'm sorry," i whispered, rubbing his back.
"i-it's ok," he buried his face in my shoulder with a sniffle, closing his eyes.

"is he asleep?" sam's mom poked her head into the room, speaking quietly.
"yeah. and i doubt he's gonna wanna see you, judging by how shitty you've been treating him," i grumbled sleepily.
"i just wanted to tell him i'm sorry," she whispered.
"i doubt he'll accept your apology. now go away before you wake him," i sighed at her irritability. she left without another word, feeling sorry for herself. sam snored quietly next to me, looking amazing as always. he'd fallen asleep a few hours ago, and i had to carefully take off his makeup so he didn't sleep in it. i knew that much about makeup. i kissed his cheek gently before closing my eyes myself, drifting off to sleep

...

this chapter's really short but there might be a double update idk yet.