Voice

Retuning to the tower, Deemo said he got other things to do while Rhino said he want to continue to play strike or play crucible.

You wave last goodbye watching them leave, but the fact you still could not figure what the taken said. What they mean by son ?  What they mean by king? Taken king?

But then a voice interrupt in your mind, a voice of an exo, a voice so beautiful you never forget, Cayde.

"Aye! There you are! Where have you been today?" Cayde asked

"We were doing strikes because Jayde want to buy something" Ghost explains, you panic and covers ghost telling him to shut up although it was to late.

"What he wanna buy?"Cayde ask curiously, ghost try to speak but you hold him tight in your hands.

"aw come on is it that bad to let me know?" Cayde did a fake tone as if he was hurt.

You look left and right thinking carefully, is it really bad to let Cayde know? I mean is just clothes.

You released ghost from your hand and ghost show Cayde the clothes you want to buy.

"Uh huh, that does look nice, I will want to wear it but...I think I'm perfect already"

You look at how many bright dust you got. 500, not bad.

-Cayde's POV -

I saw Jayde's disappointed look, he really want the clothes, but I didn't have my money on me right now.

I want to turn the mod on so it won't be awkward. I then remember telling him I will find a way to fix his voice box so I can hear his voice.

"Hey Jayde " I called, he turn to me.

"Remember that I told you I will find a way to fix your voice?" I smiled, he nodded awkwardly at me"well follow me!" I grab his hand pulling him to the hanger where a person call Amanda, she's good at shop n' mechanise, hopefully he know about fixing an exo voice box.

When we reach I stopped in front of Amanda "oh Cayde! Nice to see ya here, what can I do for you?" She ask.

"Well you see my partner hear, his voice box is a bite broken according to his ghost, since his an exo I was wondering if you can fix it" I explained.

"Sure, It rare that you help someone on something, this isn really like you"

"Well...I did help people ok!" I defended myself, she chuckled.

"Ghost can you bring his voice box out so I can fix it?" Amanda asked

"I can try"

-Jayde's POV-

Ghost flew in front of me and shines a light at my throat where my voice box is, I then feel it disappeared from my throat, I saw Ghost gave it on it Amanda's hand, the box was rusty and nearly broke.

I touched where it was remove, my throat felt so empty.

"hmm this may take a while, It need some new stuff, it looks pretty old" Amanda examined

Of course is old, think of how many years I died "I'll need some time fixing this, I'll call you when done" she said

"cool ! We'll see you soon then" Cayde said, I look slightly at him, for the help of his eyes I know his smiling brightly, yet the feeling I  once push away start to rise. 

If I have a beating heart it will be beating very fast and load only i can hear, if I have skin I would be blushing.

I heard a faint chuckle, and I'm pretty sure is from Cayde, I look at him seeing him also looking at me and I quickly turn back pretending I didn't look at him.

-Cayde's POV-

I don't know why I found it funny but when I turn to look at him I saw him also look at me, I turn away quickly hiding my faint blue blush. that was as unexpected eye contact, yet it was quite awkward in front of Amanda "uhh...you two ok?" she ask, I jolt up "y-yeah" I stammered "ok..?" that was all she said and turn back working on Oni's voice box.

I look at him once again, this time he was just staring at something, an idea then pop out from my head, it say "bring him on a date" is not a bad idea but I'm sure he doesn't know that is a date...maybe just a simple dinner...

-Jayde's POV-

I was staring at nothing as my mind still floats many question of what the taken mean by son and king, as I was lost in thoughts I feel a hand on my shoulder, I turn to see Cayde "hey uh...have you eaten yet?" he ask.

Oh~ right, I totally forgot about food! I haven't eat anything today, I just ate bread and a cup of tea, I shook my head.

"cool ! Imma bring you to the best raman shop you will ever be! Come on !" he said excitedly and ran off.

His action was cute that my face form a little smile, but when I look down at my hands my eyes when wide in horror, my right hand till my wrists was black, as far as I know this color was the same as the taken.

Was I infected ? I don't remember getting hurt, what is happening to me ? But Ghost spook making you come back to reality "Jayde you ok?" his robotic voice seems to be worry.

I nodded at him even though is pretty not ok. "Cayde is waiting you should get going" I did a little run to find Cayde.

-Ghost POV-

Jayde thinks I didn't see it....but I did...his hands have the same energy as the taken....Darkness..

There was one thing I haven't tell him...I was also not sure is it true.

When I revive him I sense a little bit of darkness within him...just a little, most are light.

How is there darkness inside a guardian ?

What were you in the pass...? Were you a Taken? Nothing less. I still need to protect my guardian no matter what.