Chapter 1

"Ashton! Ashton Fletcher Irwin, come down stairs now!" My mom screamed at my brother. By the way I'm Madison Irwin. I live with my mom, my dad and my older brother Ashton Irwin. Ash is not only my brother, but also my best friend. He's caring, loving, funny... Everything a big brother should be. But today I got him into a whole lot of trouble. There was a bee nest in the back garden and because it was bothering us so much, I took a stick and knocked it down. At that point the bees started chasing me, so Ashton started protecting me from them and told me to run inside. So I ran in and tried to find a bee spray to kill them off, but before I could find it, my mom came home from work and caught Ash fighting with the bees. She started screaming at him and swearing really badly and I didn't stop it.

Me and Ash share an enormous room. The right side is mine and the left is Ashton's. I was sitting on my bed, but I decided to go sit next to Ashton who was sitting on his bed.

"Hey Ash... Listen I'm so sorry about that, I promise I'll confess to mum that it was all me not you!" I said.

"Madi, it's nothing really. You're my little sister and I know that everyone makes mistakes, but the important thing is that you're OK." He turned around and smiled. He is so badass. I don't like telling him I love him.

"As much as I hate to say this, I love you Ash!" I smiled and he playfully pushed me with his shoulder.

"Me too, Madi." He giggled. Right then mom burst through the door as red as a hot pepper. But, not very much hot, mum lost her touch when she gave life to Ash.

"Ashtooon! How many times did I tell you to come downstairs?!?" Mom screamed.

"Mum, it wasn't Ashton's fault!" I stood up and looked down. "The truth is that I wanted to do something nice for the family and take the bee nest away. But things got really out of hand and the bees started chasing me. Ashton came in like a superhero and started fighting the bees. He told me to go inside so I was safe and that's when you got home." I stopped and looked at Ash. "I'm sorry..." I mumbled.

"Young lady you are in big trouble, you know that right?" She looked at me disappointed. "As for you young man, I'm so sorry Ashy-Washy!" She squeezed his cheek and I snickered.

"Moom!" He moaned.

"Well done for telling the truth and standing up for your brother like that, it was a very responsible thing to do, so, I'm not gonna ground neither of you two, but don't do anything like that again!" She warned us. We silently said yes.

"Okay..." We muttered, but as soon as she got out of the room we both started laughing.

"Well that was lucky!" Ashton giggled in a different tone. What you don't know is that Ash has like 10 different laughs and giggles.

"Yeah, we shouldn't make mum angry like that all the time, I mean, at least twice a week she gets red and smoke comes out of her nose and ears!" I laughed.

"Or then she's gonna become a fire breathing dragon!" He laughed and started tickling me. He makes me happy. I hope I make him happy.

"Stop it Ash stop it! My abs hurt from laughing!" I found it hard to breathe. Not in a bad way though. I think I take too much oxygen from the world.

"Hey. Do you think mom needs us to go shopping?" Ash randomly asked.

"Well, I don't know she said she would right before she saw you battling with bees." I sat up. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, there's this new shopping centre, and I wanted to check it out." Ash explained.

"You know we could just go?" I said hitting my head.

"Oh yeaahh!" He awkwardly agreed.

"Daah!" I laughed. We went downstairs and while I was getting my coat, I heard talking from the living room. I didn't really hear their voices, they were too muffled.

"Ready?" I heard a voice say and felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and it was Ashton ready to go.

We waited for the bus and then got in. We're not a very rich family. Even though my brother does tour with One Direction. Didn't I tell you? Well, Ashton is back for a day from touring with his band and One Direction. Yeah, he's in a band called 5 Seconds of Summer, it consists of Luke Hemmings, Michael Clifford and Calum Hood, and then him. I haven't seen Ash since February. And now it's December. He's not gonna be home for Christmas, or New Year's Eve or New Year's Day, and even worst, he's not gonna be home for my birthday. I have the feeling he's forgetting about me. But I wasn't sure, so I asked. I always ask everything.

"Ash," I gulped. "Are you forgetting about me?" I pushed my tears back.

"What?!? No!" He screeched. "Why would you think that?!"

"I don't know, I'm 15 not 18 like you! I don't know many things!" I defended myself. He laughed and put a hand through my hair.

"What if I asked Harry or one of the 1D lads if you could join us on tour?" I couldn't believe what he just said.

"Are you serious?!?" I screamed.

"Yeah!" He replied happily.

"15 year old, Madison Irwin, joins 5 Seconds Of Summer and One Direction on headline tour Take Me Home. I can just see a first page title." I giggled. I wanna be a journalist when I'm older. Ashton knows that and so does the rest of my big family. But my dad isn't really supportive, he says I should be a doctor or a lawyer. But I think that's just plain boring! What could be more exciting than finding out the latest stories before anyone else? I'll answer that for you. NOTHING! So yeah...

"You know, I think I can find someone to help you in the publishing industry." He said.

"Well run me over and call me dinner! Okay!" I exclaimed. He looked at me as if to say 'why did you use that term?'

"I've been getting bored all day without you so, I started watching too much TV..." I shrugged.

"O-k then..." He said then stood up. "This is our stop!" Then he held out his hand. I gave him mine and we got out of the bus.