Chapter 32: The New Team 7

One and a half years later

I was seated at my desk, sharpening a kunai once again. A stack of already sharpened kunais placed beside my right elbow. Pleased with the sharpness of the kunai in my hand, I added it to the stack.

Tap, tap, tap.

I smiled, looking up and seeing Nii-san at my window. I stood up and opened the windows.

'You're just in time,' I said, grabbing all the kunais on my desk and handing them to him. 'I just finished sharpening the last one.'

Nii-san smiled guiltily, keeping the kunais in his weapon pouch. 'I'm sorry for making you do this for me. Things have gotten really busy since the Chuunin exams are coming up.'

I waved a hand dismissively. 'It's alright.'

Nii-san was no longer an ANBU but was now a specialized Jounin; an exam proctor to be exact. I preferred it this way since I could spend more time with him even though I hadn't moved back in with him and my parents. I no longer talked to anyone from my clan except Nii-san and I was completely okay with that.

'You might want to take a look around the village,' he said, smiling mysteriously. 'You might see something interesting.'

I raised an eyebrow at him. 'What do you mean?'

'You'll see.' he answered, patting me on the head before he jumped on another building, leaving me to stare at his back, confused.

I sighed exasperatedly, my shoulders slumping. Geez ... He still treats me like a kid. Well, guess it can't be helped. I wondered what he meant though ...

Deciding to heed his advice, I left my house and began strolling around Konoha.

Time really does fly. For the past two and a half years, I've been training under Tsunade for medical ninjutsu just like Sakura. Talking about Sakura, we actually get along now. It's still pretty weird to think about it but I'm slowly getting used to it. My physical appearance has change drastically - as my friends like to say. My hair was middle-length now; just reaching my shoulders and I no longer tied it up. My lilac eye was no longer covered by my fringe, instead my normal eye was. The reason? If I were to see someone from my clan along the streets, it would be less easy for them to recognize me. A pretty stupid reason though, I must admit.

As for clothes, I no longer dressed like a guy. I now wore a tight black shirt which revealed my stomach, with sleeves that reached until my elbows, a short maroon skirt with a small slit on both sides with a pair of black shorts underneath. I wore plum colored fingerless wrist gloves on both hands as well as knee-length blue black boots. My forehead protector was tied around my bare stomach as well.

Strapped to my back was a long metal rod - currently my favorite and most used weapon. It was light but strong so it was incredibly easy for
me to use. Tied around it, was my maroon ribbon - yes, I have grown emotional attached to my ribbon.Two scrolls were attached to either sides of my hips. Scrolls for me to use a space-time jutsu and summon weapons. Each scroll for a particular type of weapon: kunai, shuriken, senbon needles and chains. Of course, I still had my weapon pouch strapped around my waist.

I turned around a corner just in time to see Sakura man-handling a blonde guy dressed in orange by strangling him.

I blinked at the scene before realizing who the guy was and cracking into a smile.

'Sakura, let go of the poor boy. Is that how you welcome a friend?'

'Huh?'

Sakura and Naruto turned to look at me.