Blue Paper : I Love When School Is Over

School was a hard place for me. Not because I wasn't smart, I actually was. It was just because I didn't have friends here. Micheal, Connor, and Evan all went to different schools and it made my life a living hell. 

I missed them, but I mostly missed Micheal. He had a loud voice, one that could project all the way to the sun if he wanted to. Well he was actually the sun so he kinda already did it. 

I was pulled out of head when I heard the sharp scream from the school bell. I looked up at the clock, and a small ghostly smile appeared on my lips. School was done, and that means its time for some fun. 

I grabbed my backpack and bolted out the door. I heard my teacher call my name but I ignored her. I don't have time to listen to her shit anymore. 

I am free. I am free to go to the junkyard hill. 

I almost made it past all the cars that were parked in the front, except that stupid fucking bitch got in the way. 

"Where do you think you are going Jer?", Eric asked with a lazy smile on his face. I felt my face go red when he called me Jer. Micheal only had the honor to call me that. Not him. 

"Don't call me Jer", I whispered. Eric just laughed. 

"Sorry, what was that? I can't hear you", he teased as he pretended to lean closer to me, his hand behind his ear. 

"Say it again Jer. I can't hear you", Eric breathed out. 

I glared at him, "I don't have time for this", I whispered. I then brought up my bony arm and pushed past him. And I booked it once again because I knew that he was going to try and grab me. 

Except I wasn't going to let him. 

"And then I ran over here", I told Micheal. Micheal stared at me with giant brown eyes. "You think he really tried to grab you?", he asked. I let out a huff. "Of course I think that, I know him well enough".

"W-what a-are you two t-talking about?", Evan asked as he turned his attention away from a ant hill. "About Jeremy's asshole step father", Micheal responded which caused me to giggle. "All our parent's are assholes", Connor butted in from inside the old parked car that stood in the lot. 

Evan nodded. I scoffed a little. "What's so bad about your parents Evan? It seems like your life is okay", I retorted. Connor and Micheal nodded. When we became friends we all shared our story. To see if we where damaged enough. But Evan hasn't really told us shit. He just became another person in our shitty club.

Evan looked around awkwardly at us all. He looked at Connor, who was playing with his hair. He looked back at Micheal, who was actually cleaning his dirty glasses. Then he finally looked at me. And that was when I saw it. 

Fear. 

I felt the breath I was holding in shrivel a little. I knew what it was like to share a story like the one Evan might share. I felt the same way when I shared mine. 

I then heard Connor let out a groan. All three of us looked over at him. 

"Don't worry Evan, we don't give a fuck if you don't want to tell us right now. We can wait. I can wait", Connor said with such sincerity that I wondered if he was replaced with an alien. 

Evan just nodded and went back to looking at the ant hill. 

I turned back to look at Micheal who shrugged in response. 

"So, what do you want to do now?", he asked. I then let out a small smile. 

"Want to see who can beat everyone in an arm wrestling match?".