Basement Rant Recording : Rich Folks

When I first got a job, I knew rich folk would be abundant. But just seeing them so closely made my stomach turn.

All were about my age or my moms age. But either way, they all walked like they had diamond sewn into there gums.

There smiles were bright. Clothes better then mine. And eyes shining without a care in the world. I sometimes wanted to know what it was like. To feel that unconcerned with life's miseries.

I watched as a boy my age walked out the arcade door to a red sleek car that was waiting under a tree.

I watched with longing as he jumped inside and drove off. I wondered were he was going. Was he going out to eat? Get some new clothes? Go home to his big old house that has a heater?

"Micheal, I need you to clean the floors near the Pac-Man machine, a girl spilled her drink over there and it's getting the floor sticky", my bosses voice wafted into my ears.

I just nodded my head. I knew my voice would sound to sad if I opened it.

I quickly grabbed a mop and bucket, that was filled with dirty old water, and made my way down the halls filled to the brim with games.

But as I walked I imagined what it would be like to be rich. I would first by my moms an amazing house. Mountain View and everything. I would get Connor My Chemical Romance tickets. I would but Evan land in a forest. And, last but not least, I would buy Jeremy and me a house.

One without Eric. One without pain.

Just with him and me. And maybe a couple dogs since who doesn't love dogs?