Basement Rant Recording : He Can Always Show Up At My Door

Mama and Mom where already asleep, even though it was only 5:30 pm.

I felt a little guilty when they stalked into the house today. Tired and frail looking. They always worked to hard. And it was always for me.

It hurt even more when they handed me a hamburger they picked up on there way home. Mama handed it to me and Mom gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. After that they disappeared into there room.

But then Jeremy showed up. Sweating and panting, with his infamous blue cardigan dangling from his shoulders.

I hate to admit this, but the first thing I thought of when I saw him was that he looked hot. Very hot.

And the second thing I thought of what letting him in. He strutted in as quietly as a mouse. He probably already knew that my parents where sleeping like the dead.

"Do you have any weed? I wanna get high as a kite tonight", Jeremy stated in his soft voice. "Hell yeah I have some weed. Downstairs dumbass. That's there it will always be", I teased.

Jeremy just rolled his eyes and scampered down to the basement.

Everything else was a blur. I remember getting the weed and rolling some blunts, but the rest was like a murky lake.

You can't see the bottom.

But I will tell you this, I remember Jeremy snuggling into my arms while he told me how much he hated Eric.

And I listened to every word. Because you listen to the ones you love. Even if you don't know what to say.