Blue Paper : Mission Impossible

When I finally arrived at my house I knew what I had to do.

Get the money from Eric's wallet and run out. This is going to be easy since he usually leaves it on the coffee table that sits right in the living room.

All I have to do is be quiet. Who knows if he's still home.

I walk up the steps and push in the door. It makes a small whine, but that's it.

I continue onward toward the living room. No one is here it seems. It's so quiet and if Eric was here there would be loud techno music playing from upstairs.

He likes to listen to it while he works.

I reach the living room and start to stalk toward the coffee table. I am so close, and then I hear a plate go clank in the kitchen.

Oh fuck.

Before I know it I grab the wallet and rip out all the cash inside. I was about to run to the front door, but I could tell he was already there.

I sucked in a breath as I looked for an escape. If he caught me I would get a new scar on my body.

My eyes quickly landed in the backdoor. I knew it was a loud old thing that would scream like a banshee if opened just a smidge. But I didn't care at the moment.

I was just about to sprint toward my only escape when I heard a voice speak.

"Jeremy what the fuck are you doing here!?!?!".

I was so surprised by the loud screech the I tripped over my own feet.

I then heard a laugh behind me. But it's a breath laugh.

It's not Eric.

I turn my head behind me, and I am met with Christine looking back at me.

Christine was about my age. She worked as a maid for people around the neighborhood on the weekends so she could save up for a car.

And she just so happed to be cleaning my house today.

I felt my face heat up in embarrassment when she continued to laugh.

"Get up Jeremy! I gotta clean up around here and I don't need your skinny ass getting in the way", she teased.

I didn't need to be told twice to get out.

I was already running back to my friends.

With $100 in my hand.