Email Title : Connor Is Very Straightforward

When Jeremy returned with $100, we knew we would be set to have some fun.

The drive was only a thirty minute drive, but it somehow took us an hour since Connor isn't very good with directions.

But when we did finally arrive I was met with a whole fair laid out. It felt as if it was laid out for me.

"Close your mouth Evan, flies might go in", Connor teased. He then playfully brought his hand up and closed my jaw.

My face heated up at the action.

"Hurry up people! I wanna win some prizes", Micheal gushed as he walked up to the ticket both. Jeremy followed after him which then left me and Connor waiting.

Alone. Together.

I felt my hands get sweaty as I tried to think of something to do. Do I just stay quiet? Do I ask him a question?

I look back at Micheal and Jeremy. There was only a few people ahead of them. Do I join then?

No then I will leave Connor here and he might think I am rude. And besides it seems that Jeremy and Micheal are warped in a very engaging conversation.

I stood there for a solid minute going over all the possibilities of what to do when I suddenly said, " W-what is your st-story?".

Connor whipped his head toward me. His brown eyes meeting my own.

For a second I thought he was going to hit me.

"My dad cheated on my mom but they pretend it never happened so he goes around and fucks all the neighbors wives. My mom drinks heavily so she doesn't have to deal with the heartbreak. My sister Zoe moved out a long ass time ago with her girlfriend Alana. And I cut my skin because I want to".

I choked on my saliva when he said the last part. How could someone be so open? It made my head spin.

"Since I told you, you tell me your story", Connor suggested while twirling a strand of hair around his finger.

I gulped.

"Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. And if Jeremy and Micheal know you told me they'll fuck off", he reasoned.

I took a deep breath.

"M-my dad l-left when I was 5. My mom-mom works a lot a-and she doesn't w-w-want to talk to m-me when she sees m-me", I stuttered out.

Connor averted his gaze to my cast.

Oh no.

"Tell me about your cast", he said. It almost sounded like a puny puff of wind. As if he was afraid to ask.

I rapidly shook my head. He can't know. They can't know. If they did they would push me to the curb and ignore me like mom.

"Hey it's alright Ev, you don't have to tell me. I can wait", Connor rushed out when my head continued to say no.

I stared up at him with wide eyes.

Did he call me Ev?