Basement Rant Recording : A Feeling In My Stomach

Connor and Evan both migrated to the other side of the junkyard. They could already sense my jealousy. And I was happy they did since when I get jealous, it is like a slow burning fire. 

It starts off warm. It then gradually gets hotter and hotter until it's burning down a house. 

"Don't hold hands with him", I hissed out. Jeremy stiffened at the tone I had. He's never heard it so toxic, especially if it was somewhat aimed towards him. 

"Why not?", Jeremy asked. His pearl eyes stared at me with confusion and something else that I couldn't identify. 

"I just don't want you to, okay", I responded quickly. "I don't have to do what you say Micheal", he whispered. I stared at him for a short while. He stared back. 

"Fine, hold hands with him, I don't give a fuck. Just be careful", I warned. Jeremy just nodded. But there was a look on his face. A hopeful one. Maybe he wanted me to care. But he made it obvious that he didn't want to listen to me anymore.

"Oh my god you are a fucking idiot", Connor spat at me once he and Evan made there way back to me. Jeremy said he was going on a walk around the block. That meant that he was going home to think, I knew him well enough to know how read in between the lines.

"H-hey d-don't c-call h-him a-an idiot", Evan whimpered as if the comment hurt him. Connor just rolled his eyes. "What do you mean I'm an idiot?", I asked. 

"He told you, so that you could tell him how you feel. Jeremy obviously has a crush on you. And you have a crush on him. I'm surprised you guys haven't tried to go on a date once!", Connor exclaimed. 

I gave him a smirk, and then made a quick head nod towards Evan, who was busy picking at his cast and looking at the ground. Connor flushed red. He already knew what I was saying to him.

"Don't do that shit. Now go chase after him and get him. Who knows what Rich will do tomorrow. He might not be free tomorrow", Connor hissed. 

I then felt a wave of fear tingle in my stomach. "What if you are reading into this wrong? What if he was just telling me because I am his best friend?", I suddenly questioned. 

Connor looked like he wanted to hit me in the head with a tree branch. 

"I-I k-know he w-wants t-t-to be w-with you. I c-c-can just-just tell", Evan suddenly stuttered out. 

I let out a long sigh. 

"You guys better be right about this because I've always wanted to kiss that boy". My voice went low on the last part. I've never admitted that out loud. But once it was out in the world, it felt all so much better. 

A/N I think this book is coming to a close soon. Don't know yet but I feel it.