Ripped Journal Page : The Ride Home

When the group reunited, we where all different emotions. Micheal looked like he wanted to punch something. Jeremy looked amused. Evan looked like he was about to pass out. And I was, surprisingly happy.

Filled with glee actually. And it was all thanks to Evan Hansen.

It was just, just the look that he got when he tried cotton candy. It was so funny. Like he got the best gift in the world. It's actually rather sad that he got that excited over something so simple.

"Ev, get in the car. Don't make me drag you inside", I hissed out when I realized that Evan wasn't even moving his feet. Evan made small little shuffles towards me, and I would be lying if I said it wasn't adorable.

"See there, it wasn't that hard", I teased when I gently pushed Evan into the passenger seat. Jeremy and Micheal both huddled up in the backseat.

"Everyone got there seatbelts on?", I questioned once I was behind the wheel. I heard Micheal snort. "Are you my mom now?", he teased. "Shut the fuck up and put on your seatbelt", I hissed out.

That made Jeremy snort.

I then shoved the key into the ignition, and just like that we where driving back to our shitty lives.

It took a good thirty minutes to get home, and when I dropped off Jeremy and Micheal, Evan was the only one who was left.

"Hey Ev, you gotta tell me your address", I whispered. Evan shuffled on the seat a little bit, and then his lazy eyes were looking into mine.

He meekly whispered out his address and I thanked him. I was just glad he remembered it.

As I drove I noticed Evan kept picking at his cast in his sleepy state. And I couldn't help but wonder how he even broke his arm. Did he fall on it? Did he hit it? Did someone force his arm to be bent into such a shitty state?

The thought made me angry.

So angry in fact that I didn't even realize Evan was saying goodbye to me. I didn't even realize we made it to his house.

"B-bye C-Connor", he said.

"Bye Evan", I responded.

And when he was finally up the stairs, I drove back to home.

I didn't want to go back. But I got no where else to go. Zoe is a lucky fucker she got someone that actually loved her enough to want to live with her.

She's way to lucky.

And that is all I thought about on the ride home.