Email Title : Deeper Into The Cave

I felt myself suck in a deep quiet breath when Connor uttered his words. 

I hoped that he wouldn't, but Micheal looked ecstatic and Jeremy looked like he was about to vomit. 

I also felt the same way. Going into uncharted land always scared me. Even when I explored the other cave system I had at least five panic attacks.

I let out a shaky breath and muttered a silent "Okay".

Connor smiled at me and Micheal let out a giant exclaim of delight. It made the whole cave echo. 

I didn't like that. 

"Well, let's go!", Micheal said in a hushed voice. 

Jeremy looked like he tried to hold him back, but who could hold back a very excited Micheal?

No one.

Micheal did quick steps toward the tunnel system on the left. Jeremy clung to his arm still, and he even tripped on his feet a couple of times. 

"You coming Hansen?", Connor called as he walked on after them. 

I let out a little nod, but I had a feeling in my gut something bad was going to happen.

But I kept silent. What could I do? 

I should have listened to my gut. I should have spoken up instead of being such a pussy.

Now here we are, lost in a cave system with only one single lighter that's light is dying out. 

"Fuck, fuck, fuck", Micheal whispered out when he noticed the flame coming to an end. Jeremy looked like he was about to cry. His blue pearl eyes darting around the cave, as if the darkness and the rocks would swallow him. 

And Connor had a look on his face that scared me. It looked rather hopeful. 

I let out a small curse under my breath. Why didn't we just go to the one I knew? I'm so stupid. I shouldn't have even suggested coming here. Stupid fucking moron. 

"How the hell do we get back!?!?", Micheal screamed. The echo traveled, making the cave seem like it was screaming back at him mockingly.

Jeremy had a vicing grip on Micheal's arm, but it seemed that Micheal didn't care at the moment. 

Panic could do that to a person. 

I also felt myself on the verge of a panic attack. My breathing was coming out in rapid bursts. And the world around me was swaying like a ship out to sea. 

I didn't want to be here anymore. I turned my attention to Connor who now looked just as panicked as us. At least he is having a normal reaction now.

And then suddenly an idea came into my mind. It started small, but then it became bigger and bigger. Until it killed the panic in my mind with courage instead. 

I grabbed the lighter from Connors hand, a look of surprise surfaced on his face, I ignored it for now. 

I then gripped the collar of my shirt with my teeth and yanked at it. 

A tear was echoed through the cave. Connor averted his gaze.

I then gently set the broken patch over the flame and watched as it was set ablaze.

"What the hell is that gonna do", Jeremy hissed.

I ignored him. I was busy watching the flame flicker to the left. 

"T-this way", I stuttered out weakly as my feet started to shuffle.

And luckily they all followed. If they didn't we would have all been fucked over probably.