-030

'Baby'

"Happy? Where are you?" I mumbled into the phone the alarm clock on the bedside table read '12:14am' and I was confused about where he could still be when just about everyone else had been at the clubhouse.

'I'm in Oakland at my Aunts, I gotta stay here tonight. I'm sorry I should've called you sooner' his voice sounded genuinely sorry at the other end of the phone but I still felt a little frustrated that I had been the last to know.

"When will you be home?" I rubbed my eyes as Lux snorted obviously unimpressed she'd been woken up from beside me.

'Tomorrow afternoon I imagine, did you lock the doors?'

I rolled my eyes "yes I locked the doors and Lux is in bed with me"

He chuckled on the other end of the line 'be safe, I'll see you tomorrow'

The phone clicked off and I sighed feeling deflated.

-

Three days later I sat on our couch awaiting Happy's return home from church. He'd only arrived back in Charming that morning and I'd had no chance to spend any time with him since. When the door swung open and Lux trotted over to greet him I shifted under the blanket I had over my lap "Hey baby" I called as he walked in slipping his kutte off and laying it over the back of the couch.

He looked exhausted and withdrawn as he sat down next to me rubbing both of his hands vigorously over his face "sorry I'm late"

"Whats wrong?" I asked muting the tv as I turned to him.

He looked at me with darkened eyes "can I talk to you as my old lady rather than the SAMCRO princess?"

I squinted but nodded "sure what's on your mind?"

"A vote passed tonight, and though it'll be very lucrative...I'm stressed about the dangers of it all, something I'd never admit to anyone else Evie" he stared at the wall directly in front of him as he spoke and I felt my curiosity spike but before I could ask I continued "I won't go into detail cause I don't think you need the stress as well but it involves drug trafficking and the cartel"

My eyes widened at that last part "the fucking cartel?!"

He nodded exhaling loudly "yeah my thoughts exactly. This shit could go wrong on so many levels"

Now it was my turn to sigh "I don't really know what to say Hap, I'm technically just an old lady and I shouldn't have a say. But I trust you to do what you gotta do, and I'll be here with you" I grabbed his hand and kissed his tattooed fingers causing him to smile.

"Fuck knows a piece of shit like me doesn't deserve an angel like you...by the way when we're you planning on telling me you killed your exes sister?" He rasped with raised eyebrows.

I laughed "eventually. I haven't exactly had much time with you since you've been out"

"Yeah I know shits chaotic right now" he lent into me and I ran my hand over his head enjoying his presence as his body melted against me, but honestly when wasn't it chaotic?!