23. Long Awaited

~~~

Logan's POV-

"I suggest pulling your hair up, she has a tendency to grab long hair. Also, make sure that you change her diaper before you put her down to sleep. I mean, you'll already be doing that beforehand, but having a fresh one before she gets put down, will allow her to fall asleep better. If she doesn't fall asleep right away then-"

"Kim. Stop rambling. This isn't the first time I've looked out for a baby, you know? I had three of them." mom tells Kim, interrupting her in the process. Kim sighs and nods her head.

"Thank you so much for this. Really. And don't worry, I can give you some mon-"

"Nonsense. You don't have to do that. Just hurry on up so Logan can take you to this mystery restaurant she's dragging you out to." mom tells her. Kim sighs again and nods her head.

"Ok. But if anything happens then-"

"I have both of your numbers. But don't worry. Chloe and I will be fine, right missy?" mom asks as she looks down at Chloe who's currently busy checking out her fingers.

The mind of a child is so mysterious. Especially infants. I never know what they're thinking, or if they're thinking at all at this young of an age. Heck, I'm still trying to figure out Chloe's different cries and what she wants when she does cry. If she's hungry, needs a change, tired, or something. I have no idea how to tell.

Kimberly seems to have it down now. How she does it, I have no idea. I mean, don't get me wrong, I DO almost just as much as Kim does when it comes to taking care of Chloe. I feed her, change her, dress her, rock her, everything. I'm just still trying to determine how she operates. There's not a manual for this, is there?

Oh who am I kidding. Not every child, or in this case, an infant is going to end up being the same as the other.

"Ok, and we'll be back tomorrow around noon." Kim tells her. Mom nods her head.

"Yes, but please. Take all the time you want. I don't have any problem with looking out after her for longer if it's needed. I will say this though, you may not get her back right away. She's just so adorable." mom awes as she looks back down at Chloe.

I can't help but smile. Even though some time has past since she was born, I still can't quite get used to the fact that we have a child. Are we moving too fast? Possibly. I mean, I only just returned from New York last year and even then, I wasn't done with college. By the end of the summer, Kim had found out that she was pregnant. That was literally only - what - a month or so after we got back together?

Kim and I aren't even married and we already have a child. Sure, we live together, but we're not married. And yeah, I want to marry her and plan on asking her, I already have a ring and all, but we haven't talked about that yet. And even with marriage, am I moving too fast?

I'm only 22.

Who the hell gets married at this age?

I mean, sure, Kim's already 27, but that seems like the more reasonable age to get married at. Am I still just a kid?

A kid with an older woman as a girlfriend, who I have a baby with, and who I'm living with...

"Well. Then alright, we'll see you tomorrow then." Kim finally says, it also brings me out of my thoughts.

"As for you little one, don't give Grandma Suzie that much trouble, ok?" Kim says to Chloe using that voice that a lot of adults use when they talk to babies. "That's right, pumpkin. Mommy and I will be back soon, we promise you that." I pitch in and tell Chloe. She looks over towards us and gives us her toothless smile, making my heart completely melt.