Task One - First Day of Forever - Entries

Amelia Westwood:

Amelia woke up in her bedroom, a bunk in a well used caravan. She rolled over on to her back, her sandy hair splayed across her face and a soft smile could be seen under the waves. Last night had been perfect, it was like nothing she had ever felt before. It had been a blissfully serene experience, one Amelia knew she would experience again and again and again. It was the dream date, it was like she had suddenly become a member of the cast of the great new film Dirty Dancing that she had seen with Jonas.

Amelia's smile dropped as she thought of her boyfriend. Her right arm absentmindedly brushed the bruises on her left bicep which she blamed on bashing her arm on one of the trapeze posts. Jonas had changed, well he had changed long ago and Amelia still regretted not escaping from his clutches when she had the chance. Well, she thought, at least I have Sam. But even then, lying in her cosy bed a shiver of guilt passed over her. She was cheating on her boyfriend, which really wasn't okay and she knew it. Despite what he had done to her and the threats he had made about her parents jobs and her own safety, Amelia knew Jonas didn't deserve to be cheated on.

Her thoughts were disrupted when Wendy, her mother pulled back her bunk's mustard curtain. "Morning darling, you need to prepare for tonight's show. It's a beautiful day so up, up, up!" Wendy said in a sing-song voice, her sandy blonde curls tied up in a neat ponytail. Amelia grinned once more and slid out from her bunk and began to gather her clothes. About half an our later Amelia emerged wearing a simple purple leotard with a pair of jeans over them and a pair of slip on shoes. She jogged over to a gigantic, bright ruby and yellow tent. It seemed to ascend into the heavens, the tip disappearing through the clouds. The wind ruffled the flags lining the entrance. Amelia gave a content sigh and walked in.

The tent was deserted. Amelia assumed Katie had over slept once more and Jemima had gotten distracted,

Walking towards the main ring, Amelia was blinded.

"Guess who?" Said a soft voice.

The breath Amelia was holding was released. She giggled, turned and kissed Sam full on the mouth. Two pairs of hands entwined themselves into two heads of hair, one sandy and curly, the other red and corse. The dancing mouths continued for a moment until a low growl was herd.

Amelia drew away suddenly, heart pounding, eyes full of tears as a club like fist came in contact to the side of Sam's head. He fell to the floor with a thud as she backed away, sobbing. He had found out. Oh god, he knew. There was no where to go, the closest exit was blocked by Jonas and he was a very fast runner.

Her lip split as he struck her. Over and over she was beaten. Crack went her ribs, arm, jaw. Her legs were undamaged as she ran towards the trapeze post. Her wild attempt to escape was an impromptu display of acrobatics as she reached for the smooth bar. Jonas strong grip engulfed her shaking hand.

"I hate you. Y-You won't see him again. I'll go to the end of the earth to hunt him down and destroy him. You won't see it." His gravelling voice echoed in her ears as he punched her a final time in the side of the head.

The familiar sound of rushing wind engulfed her ears. The was flying, like she always did. Soaring and soaring until - oblivion.

Hans Corone:

"Are not the roses the loveliest thou hast seen?" I asked.

The Lady Isobel lifted her arm out of mine for a brief second just long enough to touch one of the white roses. Her hand recoiled almost immediately, and I fount it tempting to roll my eyes.

"They are prickly," She said with a pout.

"That is what thorns are meant to do," I said. "They prick."