Miles Kane

AN : So yeah.

I tried to make some kind of twist in the story and this came up. 

Hope you enjoy it.

____________________________________________________________________________

I sniffed so hard one of my eyes started to cry uncontrollably.

I checked myself on the mirror and whipped the excess on my nose cause i looked like i had a white mustache.

The music made the walls tremble. The bathroom was dark and it smelled like pot and pee.

I fixed my make up and started to feel a little numb already. 

The Arctic Monkeys had signed their ‘most famous to be’ record, or as i call it, commercial.

There were bands from Sheffield, Miles one of Alex’s best friends and Matt’s brothers.

I had been living with Alex for several weeks now and he insisted that our last encounter was a mistake.

He also insisted on that we had to get over it, but he never left aside the dirty jokes or the flirting or even jealousy.

So it was very confusing and hard for me to do my part.

I looked myself in the mirror one last time.

I went outside and the first person i saw was Miles. He grabbed me by the hand and screamed.

'Hey! Where were you? Matt was looking for you!' I have to admit, Miles was really attentive and he smelled so good all the time. 

I had met him two weeks ago when Alex threw a poker party at his house and tried to make me cook for them cause he didn’t knew how to use his own kitchen.

'Where are the guys?' i asked

He pointed  to the backdoor where bands were smoking and doing some chit chats before and after playing.

I went jogging on my heels until i reached the heavy black door.

There was smog everywhere in this place. I spotted Matt and he came clapping at me.

'You sniffed some didn't ya, newbie' he pressed a finger on my nose.

I blushed. ‘I see in black and white’ i smiled sleepy.

He handed me a beer. ‘Did you enjoyed the show miss?’ he smiled proudly.

'Of course i did mister' i started drinking a few weeks ago.

Its amazing what can get attached to you from going out with a famous rock  band.

Alex came from behind Matt.

'I'm tired of fake smiling in the pictures' he said.

'Yeah what a rough life' Matt said.

They laughed and they hugged each-other.

Alex looked at me. He was about to say something and he turned his face to me.

'Are you high?' he laughed.

He was very drunk, but he was so happy nothing could ruin his mood.

'Yes. Hay algun problema?' i said

'You speak spanish now?' he said impressed

'Only when i'm high' i pointed

By then Matt had gone with some girls to take some pictures and chit chat to other band mates.

'Thank you for being here' he said 

'Thank you for having me' i fixed his collar.

He smiled awkwardly. ‘We are going for the weekend on a press conference, just for a couple days’ sipped his beer.

'I'll take care of our home' i smiled.

'Oh no, no. We want you to come' he punched me in the shoulder playfully.

I opened my eyes wide. He wanted me to come?

'Oh but look who is this!' Miles got excited and hugged Alex.

'You know i've known this shit-head for ages now, and he never ceases to surprise me' he kissed him in the cheek.

I laughed ‘Wish i could say the same’

Alex looked at me with arched brows. 

'So how is it like to live with him?' Miles asked interested.

'A pain in the ass' i laughed 'But i really appreciate him' i smiled at Alex.

'Folks, excuse me i'm going to get some more beer. Jess? Miles?' i nodded.

He went jogging playfully inside.

'So Jess since we didn't had the chance i'm going to ask you some awkward questions, how long have you been living with Alex now?' Miles asked

'For six weeks now' i smiled

'That's a long time' he pulled his jacket out. 'Did he told you about the press conference?'

'Yes, he invited me. I'm going to think about it'

'You know that's a awkward environment for a girl' he sat in a wooden chair 'There are always girls hitting on them, pictures, the groupies in the hotel rooms, the parties'

'Oh no' i laughed 'I'm not dating Alex' i waved my hand in negation.

He smiled. ‘Is that so?’ he pressed his tongue on his lips. ‘So he wouldn’t mind if i invite you to my Christmas party next weekend?’

I blushed. ‘I guess not, i’d be glad to go’ 

Alex came in again with two beers on his hands i felt as if someone was pulling my heart out.

He handed me the beer.

'What did i miss?' he asked.

'I was just speaking to Jess about the Christmas party i'm throwing?'

'Mhm?' he was drinking beer.

'To see if she would like to go with me' 

Alex looked at me and then looked at Miles. No expression on his face.

'I think that'd be fun. You are going to be there right Alex?' i asked.

He nodded. ‘Yes’ 

'Who are you taking?' Miles asked.

'Oh.. No one' he smiled. 'Just me. I'm going to take myself' he drank 'I didn't knew there were going to be dates'

'No. This is not a date' i said and looked at Miles.

He smiled. ‘It’s not’ he sighed ‘Just a friendly invitation’

Alex eyed his clock. ‘Jess, dear, we better go’

'But i'm having fun' i said.

'Yeah but who's gonna walk you home, high?' he smiled

He took me by the arm gently.

'I will' Miles offered and smiled.