Chapter 41: The Start of Final Exams

(Y/n) stood proudly alongside her grandmother outside of the Practical Exam Center Plaza. She glanced around nervously at the teachers who stood around chatting.

(Y/n) had taken her finals and breezed through them. She knew her book cover to cover and it was an easy test.

The practical exam however, was a different story. She would have to deal with real patients after battle and treat them for their injuries. Make too many mistakes, and in the real world, the patient would die.

"Grandma, are we too early? The class isn't here yet and I'm worried." she whispered to her mentor. Her eyes darted around nervously.

"No dear, we're perfectly on time." her grandmother smiled warmly at her. "Here, have a lolipop, it'll calm your nerves."

(Y/n) unwrapped the sugary treat and popped it in her mouth. She glanced over at Midnight, who waved her over after successfully getting her attention.

"I'll be back grandma."

She jogged over to Midnight and greeted the rest of the teachers.

"Hi Midnight! Did you want something?" (Y/n) said, talking around the lolipop.

"Yes (Y/n)! I was wondering if anyone in Class 1-A has caught your eye!" the ravenette smiled coyly.

"Huh?"

"You know, tickled your fancy? Made any moves? C'mon, spill the deets!" she leaned in closer to (Y/n).

"She wants to know if you like anyone in Class 1-A." Cementoss sighed.

"Oh yeah!" (Y/n) brightened up. The teachers perked up and listened more intently.

"I like all of them! They're all such great friends!"

The group seemed to deflate at the comment.

She's so oblivious...

How could a girl this smart be so dumb?

Before anyone could make another comment, the class arrived. (Y/n) scampered over to her grandmother again and listened attentively.

"Now, we will begin the practical exam." Aizawa announced. "Of course it is possible to fail this. If you want to go to the training camp, then don't make any stupid mistakes."

"There are a lot of teachers..." (Y/n) heard Jirou comment. She furrowed her brows, noticing that was odd as well.

"I expect you have all have gathered information ahead of time and have some idea of what you'll be doing."

"We're fighting robot warriors like at the entrance exams!" Kaminari exclaimed with confidence.

"Fireworks! Curry! Test of Courage!" Mina cheered.

"Tood bad!" came a muffled reply from Aizawa's scarf. Principal Nezu popped his head out from the layers of cloth.

"For various reasons, the exams will be different this time! From now on, we want to focus on person-to-person combat and hero work, and stress teaching that is closer to actual fighting. So..."

He leaned in closer to the class, a shadow falling across his face.

"We'll have you perform in teams of two to fight against one teacher!

"Against... the teachers?" Uraraka trembled.

"In addition to the pairs and who each pair will be up against have already been decided. These were determined at my discretion based on various factors, including fighting style, grades, and interpersonal relationships, so here they are-"