Chapter 13: Sero

The cavalry battle went by pretty quick. Todoroki's team had won, taking the most points by the end of the round. Bakugo's team came in second, then another group, then Midoriya's group came in fourth, thanks to Dark Shadow's help.

Now, it was time to begin the one-on-one battles.

"A lot's happened, but it's now come to this! A serious battle! You can only depend on yourself! Even if you're not a hero, you'll face lots of situations like that. You get it right?" Present Mic called out to the crowd. "Heart, skill, body, wisdom, and knowledge! Use all of that to rush up!"

"The finals that you've all been waiting for are finally starting! Match number one! Even though he's done so well, what's with that face? From the hero course, it's Izuku Midoriya!"

(Y/n) clapped and cheered from her spot off the field.

"Versus- sorry, he hasn't done anything to stand out yet! From general studies, it's Hitoshi Shinso!"

"You'll do great Shinso! I believe in you!" (Y/n) hollered. The purple-headed boy blushed in embarrassment and gave her a wave.

"The rules are simple. Force your opponent out of bounds, or immobilize them! You can also win by making your opponent say, "I give up!" Present Mic explained.

"Bring on the injuries, because we've got our very own Recovery Girl on standby in the nurse's office! Also on standby out on the field is her granddaughter and apprentice, the lovely (Y/n)!"

(Y/n) blushed at the praise Present Mic gave her and bowed her head. She heard all the classes in the school cheering her name, and she covered her face with her hands.

A few pro heroes sat up in their seats at the reaction of the crowd.

"Hm, she's very popular." one mused.

"The students certainly have a thing for her." another chuckled.

"Yes, she would be a perfect model." Uwabami agreed, the snakes in her hair bobbing up and down as she nodded. "I wonder if Recovery Girl will let me borrow her for the intern week."

"Put aside your morals and ethics for a moment! But of course, anything life-threatening is crap! It's not allowed! Heroes should use their fists to catch villains!" Present Mic continued. "Now, onto the next match!"

(Y/n) watched as Midoriya charged at Shinso angrily. Shinso only grinned and spoke quietly.

"Oh no..." (Y/n) said softly.

Midoriya froze in place, then dropped his arms at his sides.

"Walk out of bounds." Shinso ordered. Midoriya swayed in a zombie-like state as he turned around. Slowly but surely, he was going to walk across the line.

"No Izuku! Fight it!" (Y/n) hissed, watching him helplessly. Something in his eyes changed.

His finger twitched, then out of nowhere, and explosion erupted on the stage. The force of the wind knocked (Y/n) back slightly and she held up her arm to block the dust that was kicked up.

"Th-this is-! Midoriya stopped!" Present Mic's amazement could be heard through the speakers. 

(Y/n) sighed as she saw two of Midoriya's fingers were bent awkwardly and were a swollen plum color.

"I'll get the splints..."

Shinso looked scared now, and started frantically yelling at Midoriya. Midoriya stopped answering and charged towards Shinso, who made no indication to move. He continued berating Midoriya with questions.

Izuku grappled him by the shoulders and began shoving him out of bounds. Shinso pulled back his fist and struck Izuku across the face. He glanced back at the boundary line and punched Izuku's broken fingers.