Chapter 27: Date 6. 💙👓Iida👓💙

Don't @ me, I'm still learning about the -kun and the -chan and the -san all that stuff, so please bear with me as I try to add it to the story. If anyone has a better understanding, please, give me your knowledge in the comments of this paragraph, please, I beg of you.

Iida watched (Y/n) grin and wrap a patient's hand in gauze as she tucked a pencil behind her ear. 

Normally, he was fine talking to girls, albeit a little awkward, but (Y/n)...

If he was awkward talking to girls, he was terrible at talking to (Y/n). Just staring at her warm smile sent shivers up his spine and made his confidence falter. He admired how respectful and bright she was while also being able to fit in any social group seemingly by just being herself.

Iida mulled over how he would ask her out, calculating her responses in his head.

(Y/n), I like you- no I can't say that, it'll be weird. (Y/n), go out with me- no, that's not right either! I don't want to scare her off by being too aggressive.

His logical thinking saved him the embarrassment by reminding him of the Halloween Hunt and how she promised to spend a day with each winner.

He took a slow breath to calm the butterflies in his stomach and opened the office door. As soon as (Y/n) saw Iida standing quietly in the doorway, her eyes lit up.

"Iida-kun! It's nice to see you!"

He gulped, all rational thought leaving his brain as she approached with her disarming grin.

"(Y-(y/n)-chan." he stammered. "Hello."

"What are you here for? Did you pull a muscle? Twist an ankle? Do you need a refill of orange juice?"

(Y/n) took out the pencil, ready to jot down anything he said he needed. She unconsciously gnawed on the eraser and stared at him with her big doll eyes.

"W-well, I came here to ask you to..." Iida paused before continuing. "If you'd go out with me."

"Oh?" she tucked the pencil behind her ear once more. "Where to?"

Iida froze as he realized he forgot to choose a place to take her.

"To..."

He glanced around, hoping an idea would strike him from above. If only the butterflies in his stomach would go away- wait.

Butterflies...

"...the Butterfly Sanctuary!" he exclaimed, chopping his arm wildly. "Yes, the Butterfly Sanctuary, I remember!"

(Y/n)'s eyes grew wider in excitement.

"I love butterflies!" she cheered. "Where is it?"

Iida nearly let out an audible sigh of relief.

"I'll come pick you up after school, it should be open. Carry on with your work and I'll see you soon!"

He left rather quickly, leaving the nurse to daydream about the beautiful swarms.

~

A knock on the door alerted (Y/n). Springing up from her chair she greeted Iida at the front of the dorm.

"Hey Iida!" she beamed. There it was, her signature breathtaking smile. Iida's heartbeat quickened immediately.

"Hello (Y/n)!" he greeted her stiffly, raising a stiff arm. He paused and visibly tried to relax. "Are you ready yet?"

"Yeah, of course! It would be really rude to keep you waiting." she giggled. As she passed him, Iida glanced over her chosen outfit.

She hopped down the steps, a cute butterfly pattern dress flaring out around her knees. She turned to him in her black ankle boots and adjusted her bag strap across her body. His gaze moved up to the butterfly headband nestled in her (h/c) locks.