new friends

„At least the Wyrm still looks like the time before you destroyed our home", I shook my head annoyed, „But that doesn't surprise me. After all, it's Hiram Lodge's bar now."

„Can you be mad at us? We were sent to jail because of that redhead."

„Let her cry over daddy's territory. Everyone gets what they deserve", Penny walked by speaking mischievously.

„Yeah, you're right, actually. I mean, my parents have got a wonderful relationship, have married, fought against people like you together and lead a gang. What exactly are you doing, Penny? You're alone living with a bunch of criminal boys to sell drugs. You're still not the one who's got the power", I smiled cockily to annoy her even more.

„Oh wait until I'm-"

„Oh man, stop it, girls. Just leave her alone, Penny", Malachai groaned annoyed but his voice was strong so she just walked away.

„She listens to you?", I wondered, „Never thought I would say this to you but thanks."

„Well, I've threatened her after I'd found out that she had been the one who'd hurt you. She follow my rules since I've done that."

When I sat at Sweetwater River, where everything had started, a girl sat down next to me, „Hey."

„What do you want? Just tell me how great you Ghoulies are and that the Serpents aren't a gang anymore and then leave", I rolled my eyes with a frustrated laugh.

Man, I couldn't stand to talk to one more Ghoulie. Everyone's watching me weirdly. Like I know that they don't like me but they stay away from me. I guess only because Malachai has told them to not fight with me. But most Ghoulies still give me that penetrating look where you know that they would be glad to see you dead.

„No, we just saw you sitting here and thought you could need some friends on this side of the town", one of the boys who stood behind her told me.

„I don't need Ghoulie friends", I hissed back.

What were they even thinking? After all that they've done to the Serpents, I would never be nice to any of them.

„Okay, we get that you're born as a Serpent, and we are Ghoulies but we could still talk to each other, you know. Just because we're from different gangs doesn't mean we're not allowed to be friends."

„Do you really think that?", I chuckled again, „Because of you, my friends and my sister have lost their homes. The Southside's been everything that they have had."

„Oh, you're talking about the fight", the girl finally understood, „We haven't fought against you.. I mean the three of us haven't. Malachai, Ace and Penny told everyone that there would be a fight and they could do whatever they want to do. Most of the older Ghoulies were angry about the car race, others just hate the Serpents. You're right, a lot of Ghoulies have hurt the Serpents but it's not been us. We're just living with the Ghoulies because our dads are ones."

„And why should I believe you?", I looked at them skeptically.

„Well, we're the only ones you can trust here."

„Okay, let's give it a try. Who are you?"

„Bonnie Westfield", the girl smiled happily giving me her hand which surprised me.

„Harry Westfield, the brother", the taller boy told me, he looked more mysterious than the other two.

„Mikey West. It's a pleasure to get to know Harvey's and Dana's daughter", the other boy exaggerated but in a sweet kid of way.

„So Westfield and West, huh?", I laughed lightly, what a coincidence, "What's that supposed to mean?"

„Well, you survived Penny's and your own uncle's attack and you're Malachai's girlfriend. Every Ghoulie knows your name."

„Ew, no, I'm not. Mikey, you're definitely crazy", I contorted my face in disgust.

„You're not?", Harry looked at me interested.

„That was years ago."

„But he likes you so no Ghoulie is allowed to hurt you."

„And I should care about his feeling because..?"

„You're going to be my new best friend", Bonnie clapped and pulled me into her arms.

Maybe Ghoulies weren't as bad as I thought after all. And maybe this was the beginning of a good friendship.

@lizspecter: let me be your Clyde, @bonnie.wstf 💫

@harry.wst: two seconds ago you would have loved to kill us

@bonnie.wstf: loved to but that would mean you'd kill me in the end so no

@Mikey.west: your name your fault @bonnie.wstf 🙃

@jugheadjones: are they Ghoulies? 🧐

@toni.topaz: looks like it @jughead.jones 🙄

@vlodge: guys looks like they're alright @jughead.jones @toni.topaz let's appreciate that 🤭

@bettycooper: take care of yourself, we're still worried ❤️

@sweetpea: of course they are @jughead.jones 😒

@kevinkeller: still a queen 🤷🏻‍♂️

@lizspecter: but now you've proved yourselves and decided to like you @harry.wst 🙂, they're alright @jugheadjones will tell you more soon, thanks girls @vlodge @bettycooper ❤️