escape

„Is Jug going to help?", I asked Betty when we walked to Veronica's bar to think about a plan to get Archie out of juvie.

„He was saying something how he could use that for Griffins and Gargoyles. I said I would take his bike", she shrugged her shoulders.

„He really said that? Archie is our best friend. How could he only think about that stupid game?"

„I've got no idea, Ellie. But hey, what happened between you and Sweet Pea? You weren't at home and Bonnie told me that she saw you flirting at the opening event", she looked at me with a wide smile on her lips.

„We didn't flirt, we were just talking. But it might be possible that we've talked yesterday at his trailer and that I've stayed the night", I admitted shyly.

„So you forgave him, huh?"

„I enjoyed being around him yesterday. Looks like we're having a good time."

Bonnie and I had the task to drive the bikes. Betty would get Archie out of there and Bonnie and I would be the ones to cause distraction. As soon as I got the message that he was out of there, I would drive the bike closely to the juvie's employees to make them believe that it was Archie. If it wasn't as serious as it was, I would say it was fun to drive the bikes as fast and dangerous as we did.

„So, now you're aided", Bonnie smiled at Archie when he laid on the bed in Dilton's bunker, „Just don't move suddenly."

„I won't, thank you", he whispered back.

„Who has done that to you, Archie?", Veronica asked, everyone could see the pain in her expression.

„It was Joaquin, he stabbed me. The warden has forced him to do so."

Kevin, of course, didn't know how to feel. The Serpents and I didn't know how to react either. We wouldn't tolerate that. But was Joaquin even still a Serpent? Well, Kevin has told us that he ran away to another gang.

„Guys, where the hell am I and who even are you?", Archie first looked around then moved his head to Bonnie, Mikey and Harry.

„You're in Dilton Doiley's bunker", I laid my hand on Archie's shoulder softly, „And those are Bonnie, Mikey and Harry. They've been Ghoulies and I became friends with them when I was on the Southside. I was attacked by another Ghoulie and they've saved my life. They're Serpents now and helped to get you out of there."

„Well, then hey and thank you", he gave them half a smile.

„The only ones who know about this bunker are down here", Betty added, „It's the safest place for you to be in Riverdale. We promise."

„Dilton Doiley has got a bunker? And Ghoulies become Serpents", Archie sighed furrowing his eyebrows, „I've missed a lot."

„We're going to tell you everything when you got some rest."

„Guys, can you listen to me?", Ronnie turned to all of us, „Since my father has seen me, I should try my best to limit the damage at home. But we would need someone to look after Archie every minute."

„Ronnie, I don't need someone."

„Yes, you do."

„You can leave, V. Jughead and I take over the first shift", Betty decided.

„Ellie and I are going to take the second one", Sweet Pea decided for which I looked at him weirdly but didn't deny it.

„Poor Archie. Around all those couples", Bonnie muttered through her teeth. 

„We're the third ones", Mikey decided.

„Thank you all, that's nice. But what's more important is that we make a pact with each other. From this moment, we forget about the bunker. No one's been a part of the jailbreak. And no one knows where Archie is."

„Chocolate milkshake and fries as always?", Sweet Pea looked at me when he was about to tell Pops what we would eat and drink.

„You remember that?", I sounded surprised, „It's been some time."

„It's been some time but I wouldn't forget that."

„And do you regret last night?", he asked after a few moments where we just sat next to each other in which he had his arm laid around my shoulders.

„I think I don't regret anything that has happened during the past year. So no, I don't regret that either."

„Good because I'd be glad if you came back tonight."

„Well, I think my dad would start to worry if I didn't came back tonight. Bonnie won't be able to cover me again", I had to decline.

„Why don't you just tell him that we're back together?", Sweet Pea stroke my cheek right cheek with his left hand.

„I mean.. Are we back together? We haven't talked about that", I reminded him.

„Ouch. It's all up to you, you know."

And when I looked into Sweet Pea's eyes I kind of fell back to the moments that we've spent months ago. And maybe I shouldn't worry too much about it.

„Maybe we could be a couple again", I said shyly.

„Maybe? As in you just don't want to admit it completely?", he smiled knowing me all too well.

„Maybe yes", I giggled feeling like a real teenage girl without the problems of gangs or serial killers.

„Good because I still like you, maybe."