gossip

„Okay, tell us now, what happened between you two?", Veronica asked interested when her, Betty, Jug, Archie, Bonnie, Harry, Mikey, Fangs, Sweet Pea and I sat in the school's lounge.

Veronica and I got over our little fight. She told me that she had kissed Reggie so she didn't want be so angry with Archie and I. Plus, she told me that she was actually glad about it so she can have some time to herself after Hiram was shot. So now that we were finally done with this topic and this weird mystic game and Evelyn gave us a break, we could feel like normal teenagers for once. Or almost normal teenagers, I guess my dad wouldn't say Sweet Pea and I were normal if he heard about the news. But he won't, he agreed that we won't tell him until everything's settled so he can't ruin our plans.

„Yeah, that sounded pretty overwhelming as if you'd get a child together", Bonnie joked and in my opinion that was quite close to what we actually wanted to say so I chuckled when Sweet Pea - who had me in his arms just like the Jughead did with Betty - and I changed a look.

„Oh my god, you're not pregnant, are you?", Betty's jaw dropped which made us laugh.

„That would be great, Harvey would freak out", Bonnie joined us.

„No one's going to freak out because I'm definitely not pregnant", I shook my head with tears in my eyes from laughing.

Oh my god, my dad would really freak out.

„Sweet Pea asked me-"

„If you're ready for a threesome?", Mikey interrupted me jokingly so I threw a pillow at his face.

„Shut up, I'm trying to tell you that we're engaged", I smiled nervously and laid my head closer to Sweet Pea's chest protectively in case they wouldn't react well.

„Oh my god, that's why you're wearing that ring", Veronica gasped, „Let me see it, that's a real diamond ring. Someone had to dip deep into his pockets, it's beautiful."

„Wait, did you?", I looked at Sweet Pea wondering where we got the money from, „You-"

„I know I didn't have to but I wanted it."

„Okay but can you like get pregnant just for the sake of us having fun when your dad freaks out?", Mikey chuckled but hugged me and gave Sweet Pea one of their bro-handshakes.

Archie and Harry did the same and Betty, Jughead, Bonnie and Fangs congratulated both of us with a hug.

„I can't believe, man, that's great", Fangs hit Pea's arm brotherly, „I'd never thought you'd have the guts to ask her."

„Wait, right.. How did he ask you actually?", Betty looked at me knowing that my now fiancee wouldn't like to talk about him being romantic.

„He probably wrote her a message", Jughead joked.

„Hey man, I gave my best."

„You did, baby", I smiled and turned to the others, „He didn't completely ask me alone. I found the ring in his pockets and I first thought it might be Josie's but he explained that it was meant to be as a promise ring to me because he thought I wouldn't say yes. So I said that I would definitely say yes if he asked me and then he did."

„Ellie's the boss", Bonnie clapped proudly.

„Oh and don't tell anyone else, please", Sweet Pea added what we almost forgot and nodded to Bonnie after her statement, „Ellie couldn't wait to tell all of you but her parents don't know and they would either be mad because I didn't ask them before or because I had the idea in general."

„We're probably waiting until we're done with school and everything's settled so mainly my dad can't butt in anymore."

„Our lips are sealed."

„Are you glad that we've told them?", Pea asked me after school when we headed to our lockers to get the rest of our books before we would go back to his trailer.

„Yeah, definitely, they were all so nice. And you hugged Jughead", I mocked him sweetly.

„I had to."

„Oh no, don't deny that you like him. Jug's your friend."

„You know, I'm just joking."

„Of course. It's just so good to see that you get along after a rocky start", I remembered our first day at Southside High.

„Harvey, hey", Sweet Pea turned away from me and to my dad and took my hands in his so he wouldn't see the ring. Smart boy.

„What are you doing here, dad?", I asked slightly nervously.

„Your sister wanted to meet me here", he looked at us suspiciously, „Are you two okay?"

He probably didn't know that we were back together since he's been ignoring me for the past days ever since Jug and I threw Toni out of the Serpents.

„Yeah, we're perfectly fine", I nodded.

„Dad, hey", Toni walked to us to give our dad a hug and look at us, „Els, Sweet Pea."

„What did you want to talk to me about?", dad looked at her confused, she didn't look like she was sad or angry anymore.

„Dear fellow students at Riverdale High", Cheryl's voice blew out of the speakers in the hallways like yesterday when she outed Kevin and Moose, „I'll make it short this time. Some of you thought I was mean yesterday although I just wanted to help a cute couple. Luckily, there's one couple that doesn't need help at all. Two strong, young Serpent who are perfect for each other. Congratulations to your engagement, Sweet Pea and Elizabeth Specter, I'm excited for the wedding. That's it, back to classes everyone."