moms

„You're a Serpent by birth, Toni. And we're a family", I began and looked at Toni who sat on the other side of the table, „We want you to come back to the Serpents."

„You want me to be a Serpent again? Make me the queen. You know because of my birthright."

„You know that I can't do that, Toni", Jug sighed.

Toni looked at me as if we were in a battle against each other. I was the Serpent leader next to Jughead and if it wasn't me, Betty would have that place as Jug's girlfriend.

„It's funny how you get to spend your whole life with our dad and with a normal family while I am raised by my uncle in a trailer. And when I ask for the only thing that actually belongs to me and not you, you're too selfish to give it to me", Toni looked at me aggressively, „I'm not coming back then."

„What do the Pretty Poisons offer you that the Serpents don't?", Jug tried it in another way.

„The leading position, Jughead. Among the Pretty Poisons, I'm the boss and we're a real sisterhood."

„Oh no", I chuckled sarcastically, „You're Cheryl's vanity project."

„And you're not right. The Serpents are no family anymore. We've been that once but that's over. Just like we are no sisters anymore."

„You boys are a joke", Gladys shook her head while helping me to clean up the boys after the Pretty Poisons have beat them up, „Jug, Ellie, if you don't make a statement, more people are going to be disloyal. And more gangs are going to form and the Serpents are going to be smaller and smaller."

Oh yes, Gladys was back by the way.

„Well, we're happy about every suggestion, mom. Do you have one?"

„You need more men. And by chance, I know that the Ghoulies are free. Since I took care of Penny, they don't have a leader anymore."

„What about Malachai?", I wondered.

„She was talked proudly about how she kicked him and his brother out so she can be the leader. They must have left the town. Take the Ghoulies."

„The Ghoulies wanted to burn down Pops during that night", Jug held against.

„And they would have almost killed Ellie and Jughead", Sweet Pea added.

„Then tell them the rules and give them something that they want. Believe me, that's your only chance to survive."

„Sweet Pea", his mom looked surprised to see us, „And Elizabeth."

„Hi, mom", he replied just as awkwardly as she was talking to us.

„Do you want to come in?", she obviously wasn't sure if we just stopped to say hi or if we wanted to stay.

I didn't know it myself. I let Sweet Pea decide since we only stood here because of me saying that we should inform her.

„We only came by to tell you something and I don't know how you're going to react so I don't know if we're staying", he said easily, „Ellie and I are engaged."

Olivia's jaw dropped, I could tell that she didn't like it. And she looked shocked to hear that but I expected her to be shocked so that is not surprising to me.

„Who had that idea? Was it her trying to bind you to her?", she pointed to me snidely.

„No, mom, stop talking about her like that! It's been my idea because I love her. But it was Ellie's idea to come here and let you know that we're going to marry even if Harvey or you don't like it."

„So, Harvey knows?", she chuckled, „This must be the only thing about which we share our opinion."

„Come on, let's go home, babe", Pea looked at me just like the last time when we were in this house  - disappointed.

„I'm sorry about her reaction", I said softly when we were back in his trailer.

„It's not your fault, Els", he chuckled sweetly and laid his arm around me.

„Well, I persuaded you to tell her so."

„We both knew that she wouldn't like it", he still smiled at me, „But hey, none of our parents support us. At least it's even."

I laughed lightly, he was right.

Someone knocked the door so Sweet Pea stood up to see who it was and opened the door.

„Mom", I whispered surprised to see her.

„Sweet Pea, I'd like to talk to my daughter", she looked at him confidently, „Alone."

„You can say-"

„I want to talk to you alone, mija."

„Of course, Dana. Should I-"

Sweet Pea pointed to the outside so mom interrupted him by nodding. She basically threw him out of his own trailer although it would only be for a while.

„He could have stayed", I furled my eyebrows when she closed the door, „It's cold outside."

„He'll survive that for a few minutes. Do you really love him that much, Elizabeth? Is he worth the fight with your dad?"

„Mom, I'm not fighting with dad because of Sweet Pea. Dad ignored me for a week before that if you forgot. I know that I wasn't fair to Toni and that she had a harder life than I did but after all, he ignored me. And when her and Cheryl fooled us, he didn't say anything about that. We wanted to tell you when we were ready for it. And yes, I love Sweet Pea and dad and you can't change that. You can decide about it until I'm eighteen but my birthday is soon so", I shrugged my shoulders.

„I didn't come to fight with you or say that what Toni or your dad did was alright. I just wanted to see if you were alright and that you were sure that Sweet Pea is the one for you. My parents didn't like Harvey because they thought the same.. that he would hurt me, that he's not good enough and Hiram would be better", she laughed ironically, „I support you as long as you want that without a doubt."

„Thanks, mom. I love you."