𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒕

jack had came over my house in the middle of the night. A slight tapping outside my bedroom window was heard as my eyes shifted to it. He crouched there with a smile on his lips as he opened the window. "Hello there my sleeping beauty." He said stepping inside. "You're always a sight for sore eyes." I chuckled as he approached my bed.

"you must not like sleeping at home if you're always here at night." I remarked as he got in my bed beside me under the covers.

"It's easier to sleep with less commotion and someone I care about."

Silence followed his comment and i gulped nervously. I didn't want to tell him I didn't find his statement believable because I liked whatever was going on between us. But could he really have cared about me so soon?
jack and I have been butting heads for years. Always making snarky remarks and telling rumors about one another till the other one cracked and couldn't show up to school for days. We hated each other with every bone in our body. Our hate went deep when we fought over the same girl. I almost fell in love with her but jack stole Gabbie Gonzales.

Was he really capable of caring for me?

"You don't believe me, do you?" Jack spoke up after awhile. "I don't blame you so don't explain your thoughts. I can hear them you know." He added turning on his side looking at me. I didn't turn I still faced my ceiling I didn't want to have a serious conversation. "I know you still don't trust me. I trust you though I want us to work."

"It's hard I  can't just..forget everything you've said. It comes in my head at the worst time." I sighed before continuing. "I just feel paranoid. I feel like this isn't.. real." I couldn't stop thinking of the past few months and years that jack and I argued and insulted eachother. All the venomous words that still stick to my brain that day. The way I felt still sticks.

jack sat up in the bed and faced me with a frown. I sat up as well knowing I had to face my fears and have a real conversation with him. "What did Jonah tell you about that night?" He rested his arm on my shoulder but I shook my head.
"I'm not ready to have that conversation with you." I said still shaking my head tears streaming down my cheeks. I didn't want to feel this type of guilt. I wasn't ready to face it. We couldn't have this conversation not yet. Not ever.

He leaned forward his arms wrapped around me I buried my face in his neck. "This is weird right? It's not just me or is it?" He chuckled lightly. I tried to ignore him making light of the situation I wasn't feeling alright.

when I didn't respond he dropped it. He leaned back so now he was on his back and I was laying on his stomach. He breathed in and out calmly and I fell asleep.

I just wanted my guilt to go away.

_

"What's wrong with you latley?" Jonah asked looking up from his plate of food setting down his spoon. "Are you hiding something zach you're never this quiet at our lunches."

Jonah marais wasn't wrong infact I always had something I wanted to tell jonah because I didn't see him very often. I always told him about school or anything that came to mind until he knew how my week had went. Though today I felt immensely guilty and I could tell corbyn felt the same. We both had a secret we were hiding from jonah.

"No not really just not feeling so well today." I lied with a small chuckle.

"Well I've got some news today guys." jonah smiled as usual. "I'm dating a boy named Daniel he's super sweet and smart I think you guys are going to love him. Like he's really fucking smart it's crazy. He's so cute too! He's got a gap tooth and a perfect smile and.." as jonah kept talking about daniel corbyns eyes shifted to me and I started back at him as well. Corbyn mouthed the words 'tell him.' I shook my head knowing it was a bad idea. It was Jonah's moment as of now.

"I think daniels just perfect." jonah sighed happily as corbyn and I averted our attention back to him.

"I'm glad that you're happy jonah. Maybe we can meet the handsome guy soon?" Corbyn suggested with a raised eyebrow. Jonah just nodded eagerly before standing. "I have to go guys but gosh I just love you two."
He came over between us pulling the three of us into a group hug and I smiled sadly. Jonah was always a softie.

"Love you jo." I smiled into our group hug threat felt like it lasted forever. "I'm so glad we can all talk and trust eachother. I don't have that type of friendship anywhere else. You guys know you're my rock."

"Yeah I'm glad we all have trust." Corbyn said looking towards me.

but trust was something we all lacked in this friendship and even in jack and my own new found relationship and soon we were all going to find out.

___________________________

Damn I tried to write a long chapter then realized I have work in the morning and it's 2am sooo