𝑰 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒏𝒐𝒘

remember that 5.0 gpa jack was struggling to get when we first officially started to like eachother?

it was declining and fast and it was directly a result of one of Jonah's lies and the amount of stress it was putting on jacks heart. Jack had felt as if everyone saw him as a monster but in reality there was only few people who even heard about Jonah's lie. Those people refused to even share that rumor because some people knew what it could do to a person, and Though it didn't change Jonah's life, corbyns or mine dramatically yet it seemned to be taking a huge toll on jacks.

It began with his grades then his social life and now it was his appearance.I could tell by the way he became less motivated to show up to school and dragged himself along anywhere. It was only a rumor, so why was it affecting him this much? I knew jack and I thought differently but some things he did had me confused.

My feet trailed down the empty halls after school and into the front office on my way to visit my counselor. Her door was slightly opened and I saw jack sitting in there and I knew it was wrong but I stayed by the door to listen in.

"With your grades dropping this dramatically you won't be valedictorian. You've officially lost your spot as top in the class jack. Is there something you've got on your mind?"

"no.." jacks voice was small and mildly distracted.

"You know you can tell me anything, your teachers said you haven't been acting yourself latley. Is it trouble at home?"

"no..it's nothing." He repeated before standing up and leaving the room without even noticing me. I slowly walked in the office smiling at the kind woman having jack on my mind. "Hello herron it's always a pleasure. I'm glad you came."
"It's no big deal but I'm kinda in a rush." I informed her thinking about jack and the terrible news he just got. "Well I just wanted to tell you that you're really improving. You're on track to graduate and your math grade has changed from an F to a B which is extremely good." She praises and I smiled. I was extremely happy and realized to not be on the verge of failing the grade.
the only person I had to blame for this amazing event was jack Avery. He was changing my life whether I would admit it or not. Now I knew it was him, he was the one I wanted.
"You will no longer need tutoring services unless you feel as if you're going to fall back again. Here's a note for your teachers and tutor and have a great evening mr.herron."

I rushed to jacks house after stopping by the store to get him comfort foods and a blanket despite him already having one. I couldn't let him know I listened in on his conversation so I would just pretend I was doing this all as a nice gesture as his boyfriend.
I approached his room before knocking I found out his door was opened and I could hear small sniffles that turned into a desperate sob. It broke my heart to hear him so terribly upset and so torn up that he wouldn't share with me.

I had no idea what Jack Avery was going through.
Before I stepped in I was shocked to hear another voice in the room. "Jack you can't keep bottling this anymore. What is he going to think of you keeping this a secret?"
"I-I don't k-know." I muttered crying into the mystery persons chest.

"Jack you need to get over this or someone's going to find out how you're really feeling." The boy spoke. And I wondered what was really happening in jacks head. I moved forward to walk again but stopped in my tracks.
"I just want to fucking die!"Jack sobbed louder and I peaked in praying they didn't see me. A boy that was a lot taller than jack with dusty blonde hair sat on the bed holding jack as he sobbed into his chest. "No you don't jack..we've gotten through this once we can do it again. Remember the night we sat in here and made sure you didn't leave the room with this same pain?" The boy spoke.

"I know you remember.. you even mustered up enough strength to go to school after only three days. Jack you're going to be alright."The boy encourages as my boyfriend shook his head his face red from his crying and his face soaked. "They think I'm a monster! I can't I can't I can't-"

"Jack? Sweetheart.." I interrupted finally letting my voice be heard.
He quickly pulled away wiping his eyes dry quickly. "Hey baby I'm sorry it's not what it looks like.." he apologized. His idea of what I was thinking of was different i.

Because it was exactly what it looked like. He was opening up to someone who wasn't me, our relationship was meant to have trust.

"I know..tell me what's wrong." I approached his bed taking a seat beside him. "It's nothing. Just heard a little bad news." He said but I knew he was lying it was deeper than just that. "There's more just tell me."I pushed on and he opened up. "You and everyone else thinks I'm a monster a-and I can't stop thinking of that night and how i was t-touched-" He tried to continue but I wouldn't force him I judged pulled him into my arms. "What if I stayed the night sweetheart? What if tried to make you feel safe tonight ,would that be alright?" I whispered in his ear and he nodded.

I don't remember jack Avery becoming so fragile. I was used to his cocky attitude and his unforgettable smile now I was left with a constantly trembling body and a frown that replaced the look on the boys pitiful lips. I don't remember this jack Avery.

He was someone i didn't even know.

_____________________