𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓

I shoved my phone inside my pocket and took a step inside the room. It was dark and didn't smell all that great. On the bed lay daniel he was on his phone and had bags under his eyes and his skin was paler than I had remembered. His eyes looked lifeless and his hair a mess, Daniel had obvious been through something. Jonah sat upright on the other side of the bed facing the wall, he was whispering his words to corbyn who was crouched on the floor in front of jonah talking. I looked around the room and it was fairly clean. There was nothing much on the floor and there was a pile of clothes in the corner, on the dresser there was an open bottle of vodka that was almost finished and a dent in the wall beside it.

Corbyn stood up and left from infront of jonah and motioned me to talk to jonah before moving out the way. I honestly felt an immense amount of pity for jonah seeing the room. I looked over at him and walked towards him crouching infront on him and looking up at him. He was looking at the floor with tears in his eyes. "I'm so sorry..I'm not a liar I just.." He huffed in frustration shaking his head. He looked up at me and not only were his eyes dark and irritated but there was a dark bruise around his left eye.
"Jonah what's going on? Obviously more
has happened than this lie..why aren't you home?"

He still didn't look at me and sighed heavily. "A lot going on at home again.. I don't think I can take it anymore..I don't want to do this anymore."his voice was now low and venerable and I understood. Jonah rarely talked about it to corbyn and I but we knew enough to know Jonah didn't have a perfect family life with his step father. He would tell us bits and pieces enough for us to patch up a story but never too much with details. All we knew was that sometimes he would have a bruise here or there. "Jonah.. you know I forgive you,right? I understand why you lied..you didn't want anything to change between us but if you would've came clean we would be somewhere different right now. Our friendship would've been on track and I would've been there for you." I reached my hand to his tense shoulder that shook as he began to let his tears fall.
"I can be there for you now jo and I really want to."

"I-I'm so sorry!" Jonah sobbed more tears falling and he had to keep wiping his face with his shaking hands. "I get that you have a lot on your plate and corbyn and I just want to be here for you now. I can't just forget how many times you were here for me." I smiled hoping he would look up at me but he never did. Jonah was going through some time of pain that I was never aware of or knew he was capable of feeling. He had been spiraling and I wasn't even there for him. In fact I had abandoned him when he had needed me the most.
"I need you guys back..I'm s-so lonley." Jonah cries out and I wrapped my arms around him. "Jonah.."

What Jonah hadn't realized is that he wasn't alone. He had the sweet girl in the living room who lent him a room, he had daniel who lay quietly on the bed listening closely, he had corbyn who had been there since he was able to find him and now he had me. Though all of us had our own reactions to the situation none of us ever truly stopped caring for him and now more than ever each and everyone of us wanted to be there for him now when he was at seemingly his lowest.

"I'm gonna be here for you now jonah, no matter what. After all what are friends for?"

"It's for you." Jack said smiling brightly with a small box in his hand. "Me?" I questioned grabbing the box and opening it. There lie a bracelet of stars and the moon with a charm attached with the letters 'Z+J'. I smiled looking up at him and hugging him. "You really got me this?"
"Yeah it's just you've been there for me lately and been so honest with everything even how you feel. This is the least I can do, I just want you to know I appreciate it." He grasped my T-shirt tighter and put his chin on my shoulder. "It's cheesy but.. you're my own star.."

I held the boy tightly and pulled away lookin at his face while he smiled. "I love you I love you I love you I-" he stopped me by putting a finger to my lip and I licked it playfully. He pulled away squealing and panicked wiping his finger on me. "GROSS GROSS!"

He yelled and we both broke out in a fit of laughter "
You look so good today baby." I awed at his beautiful face and grabbed his hand with my free one. "You look like a troll." He giggled.
I frowned punching his arm and then he punched back with more force.
Somehow we ended up on the floor play wrestling in his room throwing punches and pulling each other's hair before I kissed him. He loosened his grip in my hair and leaned into the kiss.

Every kiss was absolute bliss to me.

"You're the best thing that could've happened to me." He sighed heavily looking into my eyes. I noticed how beautifully brown and shiny his eyes were and how he looked so perfect. "You are too and I'm so glad to be with you." I chuckled looking at the boy who now pinned me to the floor and sat on top of me. Suddenly the door opened and we both looked at the door.

There stood eben with a frown on his face.

"I need to talk to you zach."

______________________________
40 votes a new chapter

Hey guys tell me what you think today

Also I might be going on my first real date haha 🥺