𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒔

nothing wakes you up like waking up alone.

My heart ached when I woke up and jack was no longer in the room. Though I shouldn't be surprised when he barley talked to me the other night and didn't move over the slighest bit. He probably didn't want me close to him and I didn't know why. I wanted and needed him to stop hurting so I would stop feeling so worried for him. But I didn't know jack all too well we didn't get to make it to that part before his depression kicked in. I did know a lot but I didn't know his behaviors that he hid like the one I had been experiencing from him since what happened with Jonah.
so now I laid on his cold wooden floor in the clothes from the other day alone, wondering if coming over was wrong.

I peaked down the stairs to see jack at the table his head lowered listening to someone speaking I got a better look and saw on the other side of the table was daniel speaking with him. "You don't have to truly mean it. I just need you to pretend to forgive him..I need him." Daniel pleased desperately like the other day. "Daniel I think you need to move on. Desperation doesn't look good on you." Jack said harshly not even looking up from the table. "Jonah isn't a good person daniel and frankly I don't know you enough to care about your feelings." Jacks words were venomous and Daniel couldn't believe them and neither could i. I had to stop this before jack spiraled into someone I didn't even recognize.

"Enough. Daniel I think you should go jack and I have somethings to discuss." I said approaching the two and Daniel nodded while wiping the tears away from his face. As soon as daniel was gone I sat down across from jack a frown on both of our faces. "You don't have any right to be a dick to daniel he's hurting as much as you just for a different reason."
"He's no-"
"You don't know daniel! You don't get to determine the depth of the boys pain. What is wrong with you lately?" I questioned shaking my head. "Nothing."
"Liar."

"You know what I'm thinking and you know why I'm thinking it. Why do you keep pushing me?" Jacks tone was angry like it was at daniel almost as if he forgot who he was talking to. "Because I want you to admit it to me so I can try and fix it. I think you forget sometimes that I'm not here to torment you. That's not my role in your life anymore." I reached across the table holding out my hand praying he would just take it.
"Baby I know what you're used to.. I see you wince and give me old looks and I don't blame you it's just a force of habit but give me a chance. I want to be there for you." I looked at my hand held out and slowly his hand met mine and his fingers intertwined themselves in mine.
"I don't want too feel like this anymore." He said his voice cracking. He was feeling defeated maybe completely destroyed but I would ensure him that
"this isn't your end, we're going to get through this wall."

I watched jack sit in the passenger seat in the car starring ahead. I patiently waited for him to get out of the car but he still sat still zoned out in his own world. I walked back over to the car opening his door but his eyes never as much as glanced at me. "Jack we cant eat if you sit in the car the entire time." I sighed aloud but inside I felt worried at his lack of care. I finally convinced him to leave the house to eat but he wouldn't even move on his own.
"Okay." He whispered standing up and closing the door. I exhaled and grabbed his hand pulling him along inside. He pulled his hand from mine when we got to the door.

It was loud in the casually restaurant and people were busy eating and walking place to place and we took our place in line. He didn't say anything and I looked at the menu debating what to order for the two of us suddenly jack leaned up against me his small hand gripping my arm. "Everyone's looking at me." Jack whispered burying his head into my shoulder. I looked around the restaurant and oddly I couldn't find any eyes looking towards us.

in fact no one was looking at us not even the baby in the stroller that tends to stare and make everyone uncomfortable.

No one at all.

"Honey no one is looking at us." I said back to him his head of hair brushing my cheek. He shook his head not daring look up. "Everyone's judging us, judging me."
"Honey-"
"Hello gentlemen what would you like to order today?" The teen girl with long blonde hair asked in a monotone voice.

I sat jacks plate of food infront of him and his head lay in his hands. Instead of sitting across him I decided to move closer to him. I sat beside him and lay my arm around him and he looked up. "You feeling okay?" I questioned and he nodded.

I realized he was paranoid because he thought everyone was thinking of Jonah's lie but that was old news. Though it wasn't true no one cared anymore. It was all new for jack so it was hitting him harder than anyone else, he was more broken than Daniel.

"Heard Jonah ran away.." Jack said while he began to eat, I hummed. "You gonna help daniel?" He continued.

"No."

"Alright."

_____________________________