𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒂𝒕 𝒎𝒆

It had been a month since jack looked me in the eye and I couldn't blame him. I needed and wanted him to know I still cared about him.
I started leaving letters in his locker lately and sometimes he never even went to his locker.

I never stayed around to find out how he reacted to my anonymous letters but it must've been okay if he hadn't taped close the small letter sized holes in the locker. I had a little hope he still loved me as well. I would see him around a new friend I had never seen before he was tall and had a thick Australian accent. I prayed jack wasn't into the boy but sometimes they would hug a little too long or I would catch the boy starring a little too long at jack.

The least I could say was that I was immensely jealous. To the point my skin turned red with anger and I couldn't help but want to scream.

Today was the day jonah would finally return back to school and not only was I anxious but I would use the black mail to my advantage. I was going to hang around my friend again because jonah was worth it. If I couldn't have jack I could atleast have my best friend back
I began poking around the library waiting calmly for jonah. I looked at the tall shelf's of books walking around trying to count but it was impossible until I fell on my back. I looked up to see a boy.

Not just any boy but they boy I hated.
The Australian prick.

"I'm so so sorry!" The boy exclaimed holding out his hand. I hesitated not liking him but quickly took it realizing it was the hand jack touched nowadays. I wanted to savor jacks touch no matter how desperate I seemed. " I'm ruel and I'm terribly sorry."
"I'm zach herron." I fake smiled pushing past him trying to leave. I couldn't stand to be the boy who took jacks heart away no matter how kind he was.

"Ruel are our plans still on for his afternoon?" A familiar voice said, it was too familiar. It was the soothing voice that belonged to jack Avery the voice I missed so dearly.
An ideas popped in my head and I probmprly turned around back to ruel.

"Want to join me and a few friends for lunch ruel?" I asked abruptly despite jacks presence. I tried my best to ignore him there and ruel nodded. "That would be lovely, I'm looking forward to it." He smiled shyly. "Can I have your number Incase I can't find you...friend?" His face became red in embarrassment and in that moment I let down my walls a bit.

he was genuinely sweet and I kinda envied him.

I grabbed his phone typing in my number before handing it back to him. "I'll see you then..friend." I smiled but not at him I was looking directly at jack who stood behind him with his arms crossed.

I wanted jack back so badly.

lunch came around the corner and I smiled to myself seeing that ruel wasn't anywhere near jack now, infact jack sat alone typing away on his phone eating his lunch slowly. I turned seeing jonah sitting across from me no lunch in his hands just a sad look on his face. Ever since I became friends with Jonah again things weren't the same, Jonah was now a sad timid person who didn't smile often but daniel was trying to fix him.

corbyn made me happy though because corbyn didn't change in fact he even got back together with Christina and she sat with us now and then. Her and corbyn came hand in hand and took their seat at the table while mindlessly gossiping about someone they both didn't like. I thought it was ridiculous corbyn was now into highschool drama and constantly gossiped like his girlfriend but at the end of the day corbyn was still himself and always made time for me. I couldn't ask for better of a friend.

a light tap was felt on my shoulder and I looked up to see the blonde boy with a timid face. He was blushing of embarrassment and I chuckled a bit moving aside for him to sit beside me. I looked over at jack who sat beside us and our eyes never met infact they stayed at his phone.

I sighed looking at ruel before introducing him to everyone else.

I wish jack would just look at me again.

'Barry's Ice Cream Parler' the dreaded ice cream shop that jack still worked at and I was aware he hated. I remembered the night jonah, corbyn and I had went there and my eyes met jack's I just prayed this time they would do the same again. I sat down in the corner not intending to order anything cause in reality I just wanted to see how he was doing.

I still felt something for him after all this time.

I watched him walk back and forth to customers and to the kithchen where he came with sweets and new cavity's for the children he served with a fake smile on his face. Even his fake smile made me feel butterflies. I casually looked at a menu and sighed aloud trying to pass time.

"Welcome to Barry's Ice cre.." a voice started and stopped. I looked up and saw jack standing there in his uniform.-

I watched jack smoke his cigarette and avoid looking at me though all I wanted to see was his eyes. He had taken his break and let me talk to him out back of his job. There wasn't much besides the trash can and an empty parking lot in front of a patch of woods. We both stood against the brick wall together but a large space between the two of us.
"You miss me?" He questioned with a scoff. "You must have forgotten you broke up with me." He added
"I know it just wasn't a good time for us." I tried reasoning without telling him the truth. "I needed you at that time the most. You knew that and you still left me." He rolled his eyes before blocking smoke in my face.

I closed my eyes and sighed, I had always wished he had let go of that nasty habit. He only picked it up because of Jonah but now that that situation was over he still did it and I didn't know why. "I'm sorry, you'll never know how sorry I am."

It was driving me crazy that his hazel eyes wouldn't look at me. I was getting jealous of everything his eyes landed on even the damned cigarette in his hands.

"And what do you want from me now? To play with my heart and drop me again?" He scoffed flicking his finished cigarette away before leaving. I quickly grabbed his shoulder and slammed his body against the brick wall behind us. My hands laid against each side of his face and his eyes widen in shock.

But he was looking at me and only me.

"I want you to look at me."

___________________________

Admit it
That was fucking cute :,)  -peachtroye

Admit itThat was fucking cute :,)  -peachtroye