Chapter 27

"Alexander he will be fine." Jonathan rolled his eyes at Alec as the dark haired boy fawned over his unconscious boyfriend.
Alec shot Jonathan a look but didn't say anything to him. Jonathan sat on the bed with Clary's head in his lap, running his thin, nimble fingers through her platinum hair.
A small groan came from the petite blond on the bed that made Alec and Jonathan tense up. Clary groaned again and put a hand over her face to block the light.
"How long was I out?" Clary asked as she sat up and leaned back again Jonathan. Jonathan smiled at Clary and wrapped his arms around her torso.
"Not too long, just a couple hours. Magnus is still out from healing you." Alec said as he ran his fingers through his lovers hair.
Clary frowned at her friends limp body.
"Will he be okay?" Clary asked Alec as she tried to get out of bed, but was held back by Jonathan.
She turned to glare at Jonathan but stopped when she saw the look of love on his face.
"Yeah he'll be okay he just needs some rest." Alec sighed and looked up at Clary for the first time since she had woken up. He furrowed his eyebrows.
Clary looked almost like the old Clary with the look of concern on her face instead of the emotionless glare.
"Okay if Magnus will be alright we should probably head back to Idris before things get out of hand." Clary said as she forced Jonathan's hands off her waist and began pulling her hair into a ponytail. And just like that the new Clary was back.
"I'm just as eager as you Clarissa but we need to make sure that something like this doesn't happen again." Jonathan said sharply.
"It won't Jonathan so stop worrying." Clary snapped as she pulled her platinum hair back into a ponytail and brushed imaginary dirt off her gear.
"I have it under control, I can handle myself. He just caught me off guard." Clary sighed as she smoothed her new clean gear. Jonathan just sighed as a glowing portal snapped open in front of Clary.
She extended her hand towards Jonathan and he snarled at her as he took it.
"You know you love me." Clary said before she pulled him into the swirling mass of flames. Jonathan just sighed and allowed himself to be pulled along by Clary.
He snapped his eyes shut as the familiar fuzzy feeling appeared in his stomach.
As clary pulled them out of the portal Jonathan stumbled and swallowed heavily to keep the bile from rising. Clary just looked at him with her slightly glowing eyes and laughed.
Jonathan scowled at her before assessing their surroundings. They had handed in the middle of a deserted street with small houses lining either side of the street. It looked cozy, like something out of a fairy tale almost.
Clary pulled a long thin blade out from a sheath on her leg and dropped Jonathan's hand.
Jonathan followed her example and pulled a throwing knife from an arm sheath.
They began to walk cautiously down the street. Every whisper of the wind sounded mocking and Clary instinctively stepped closer to Jonathan.
Jonathan shook his head slightly at Clary's fear but didn't say anything. They continued to walk down the street until sounds of fighting reached their ears. As they rounded the corner they watched as soldiers in red gear killed off the few remaining shadow hunters.