I Still Do (4)

Things had gone from bad to worse. My parents were getting divorced I was being bullied on the daily and all my extra time I was spending babysitting my siblings. Throughout the whole thing, Zach was at my side until one day during the summer before grade ten he told me that he loved me. I gasped "you love me?" I ask he nods "yes Meg I love you," he says putting a necklace around my neck "Zach.." I say trying to imagine if this is real or not "we've been dating for three years Meg and I can finally tell you confidently that I love you" he says I smile at him.

The past few months had been amazing for him. He had blown up on youtube for covering Shawn Mendes in those months I had stood by him proudly but behind the scenes, I was struggling to go back and forth from my parent's houses. I shake my head to clear it as I plaster a fake smile onto my face "what's wrong Meg?" he asks noticing my change of mood "don't you love me?" he asks I gasp "of course I love you it's just....." I trail off then take a deep breath "my dad has full custody of me and my siblings now and he's moving us all the way to Maine" I tell him dramatically tears welling in my eyes. He frowns "we can try long-distance," he says hopefully.

I drop my gaze and shake my head "we won't be able to visit each other" I tell him he nods "you're right" he says sadly "it just seems like a waste to throw away-" I cut him off quickly "no one's throwing away anything Zach! Do you think I want to go?!" I ask him angrily "I don't know Meg do you?" he asks angrily we both take breaths and cool down "I wouldn't blame you for wanting to go," he tells me I nod as tears fall from my eyes "I can't help it, Zach, it's been hell," I tell him as we remember all the bullying I had to endure. He nods his head "we can still be friends?" he asks hopefully "you know we can't be Zach it'd be too painful for both of us" I tell him "so that's it then? We just go our two ways and never see each other again?" he asks I look into his eyes. I got lost in them for what seemed like the millionth time.

Over the course of three years, I had grown to love him and now I had to leave him and never see him again. The pain was the only thing I could feel as we shared one last kiss. One last moment we got to spend together and when we broke apart I walked home by myself. When I got back home I did the only thing that I could do. I cried. I cried until my eyes hurt. I cried until I had no more tears left but even after that I couldn't shake away the overwhelming feeling of loss.

 I cried until I had no more tears left but even after that I couldn't shake away the overwhelming feeling of loss