𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

𝕷𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖑 3: 𝕰𝖓𝖛𝖞 𝕻𝖙2

Mr Huening's sudden death had left a permanent impact on the family, especially Huening Kai's mother. Right after her husband's sudden death, Mrs Huening had became even more depressed and would often scratch herself hardly, losing her temper over simple, little things. When Huening Kai noticed that, he immediately brought his mother to a psychiatrist who then diagnosed her as depressive disorder and bipolar disorder. Since then, he made his mother to take her medications despite with his busy schedule as a trainee and a high school student. 

As for Huening Kai, he had pushed all of his grief into his training. He wanted his father to be proud of him. He wanted to be a great musician just like his beloved late father. In just a few weeks, he was ranked on top in every section of his training- dance, vocal, rap and visual. Huening Kai could care less about that and all he wanted to do is to be a singer so he could make his father proud. Every other trainees were afraid yet envious of Huening Kai's sudden excel in all sections. 

"Huening!" A familiar voice called Huening Kai who just got out of the locker room with his bag on his shoulders.

"What is it, Kook?" Huening Kai stopped and turned around as his hands were in his pockets of his gray sweatpants and his dull dark brown eyes looked at his close friend and closest trainee, Jeon Jungkook. 

"Do you know that you were in top one for everything again for this week? You had been ranking top for three months straight! Can you tell me what's your secret, Huening?" Jungkook asked as he slung an arm casually around his shoulders. Shoving his hand off, Huening Kai kept quiet and shrugged. 

"There was no secret. It's just about practice, practice and practice." Huening Kai said as he looked at his watch. 

"I need to go back home to take care of my little sister. Goodbye, Jungkook! See you tomorrow!" Huening Kai said as he waved at Jungkook before walking quickly.

Plastering a fake smile on his face, Jungkook waved back at Huening Kai and glared as his figure disappeared into the busy street of Seoul.

"That bastard. What did he do to get to the top at everything for months? And all he could say is practice?! Bullshit! He must be hiding something, I swear." Jungkook mumbled jealously as his hands were tightened at his sides. 

"The one who we decided to debut as a solo artist instead of group is

"The one who we decided to debut as a solo artist instead of group is...." The head trainer announced as she looked at the sheet of name list which was freshly handpicked by Bang PD himself. 

Every trainees except the chosen ones in the group were nervous as they were biting their lips. Huening Kai was nervous as cold sweat started to form around his palms and neck. He had worked so hard to come this far. This should not disappoint him again.

"Who do you think that will get the position as a solo artist, Kai?" Jungkook asked, looking calm as he nudged the younger. 

"I don't know." Huening Kai said, keeping his eyes in front.