Chapter 4

"Kacchan! Look at what I got!"

The young blonde popped up and trotted happily over to the other little boy. "What is it, Izu?"

Small Izuku held up his enclosed hands and cracked them open slightly for Katsuki to peer in. Grins broke out on both their faces.

"Wow, a butterfly! I didn't know you could catch one!"

Izuku giggled. "Maybe my quirk will have something to do with animals!"

Katsuki sat beside him, nodding. "Yeah! That'd be so awesome! You could have a whole herd of lions as pets!"

The green-haired boy giggled even more, rocking back. "A group of lions is called a pride, not a herd, Kacchan!"

The other boy shrugged. "Whatever. You could still have one. That'd be so cool. No villain would dare go near your lions." He grabbed his bucket of rocks he was collecting.

Izuku nodded. "I know! Lions are so scary, but strong and cool! Like Kacchan!"

Katsuki puffed out his chest. "Yeah! I'm lots like a lion! Once I get my quirk, I'm gonna use it to protect you just in case your lions can't."

This statement placed the largest, brightest grin on Izuku's face Katsuki had ever seen. The smaller boy released the butterfly to embrace his friend.

"Tch..." Katsuki straightened up, shaking his head to get the far away memory out of his head. I sure went back on that promise, didn't I..?

A cool hand pressed softly against his forehead and he snapped his head up. He grabbed the wrist attached to the hand that dare touch him, gripping it tightly.

"Ah-!" A surprised and pained gasp escaped the person beside him as they tensed. "I-I'm sorry, Kacchan!"

Katsuki looked up at Izuku, bewildered as to why Izuku was touching him. "What the hell did you think you were doing!?" He snapped.

Izuku flinched, looking away. "Sorry- I'm sorry! I just- you've been acting weird and I was worried! I thought that- I dunno- maybe you have a fever!" He fumbled over his words as quickly as he could, eyes flickering about the room, looking everywhere except to the teen in front of him.

The explosive quirk user blinked, staring at the boy. "You thought I was sick?"

"Uhm... Yes..?" Izuku gulped, biting his lip.

Katsuki's gaze trailed down from the boy's eyes to his lips. His grip slackened slightly, throat drying out.

He wanted to pull Izuku into his lap and kiss his worries away.

"Midoriya."

Both boy's attention was pulled away from each other.

Shoto stood in the doorway, expression blank. "Time to go."

Izuku nodded, managing to slip his wrist out of Katsuki's grasp. "Right!" He hurried over to the duel user's side.

Once Shoto was sure the green-haired boy couldn't see, he shot Katsuki an icy glare.

Katsuki sneered back, raising his chin.

No words needed to be spoken between the two to know exactly what the other was thinking.

He's mine, you icyhot bastard... He's always been mine... Don't you dare try to steal him from me.

-----

507 words

I thought about making this one longer, but meh. I liked where I left it.