Chapter 22

Iida was the one who told Izuku what had happened.

Katsuki avoided Izuku all day to the best of his ability as it was the weekend and neither made plans to return to their parents. The blonde had managed to get his things from Izuku's room without the green haired boy catching him.

The following day was the same. Katsuki avoided Izuku, evaded him all day, mostly staying in his room. The door was locked so it wasn't like Izuku could just walk in and tell him that it wasn't true. That he really did love him.

The next day at school was worse.

Izuku couldn't focus as he sat behind Katsuki, wondering how in the world he was going to be able to talk to his boyfriend.

Are we even boyfriends anymore..?

Izuku barely made it through training that day. Katsuki ignored him as he tried talking to him in the locker room- both when they were getting ready for training and when they were changing back into their school uniforms.

"Midoriya."

The green haired boy was stopped from following the blonde. He turned to see Shoto was the one who grabbed his arm. "Todoroki..."

Shoto sighed and carded his fingers through his hair. "Midoriya, I didn't know he would react so badly to what I said..." He muttered, looking away. "If I did, I wouldn't have said it, but I was concerned."

Izuku shook his head, taking Shoto's hand. "No, I... I get it... Transference is a common occurrence... I just wish Kacchan would let me talk to him..."

The duel quirk user nodded and began to walk with him. "I understand... His feelings are far more fragile than I realized. He's completely shut you out because of what I said..." He spoke softly, adjusting his bag on his shoulder.

The one for all user licked his lips, gaze downcast. "I don't know what to do, Todoroki... I don't even know what we are anymore if he won't let me near him..." Izuku teared up, gripping the straps of his bag.

Shoto glanced over Izuku's head and pulled him to a stop. Izuku blinked and looked up at him. "You know I'm here for you, Midoriya. I care about you more than you know..."

Izuku nodded. "Yeah... Thank you, Todoroki..."

He smiled softly, placing a hand on Izuku's cheek. The smile was enough to startle Izuku and Shoto leaned in.

Their lips met softly and Izuku leaned into it. He closed his eyes, settling into the comfort Shoto brought him.

Izuku breathed deeply and pulled away. "No... Todoroki, I..."

"Right..." Shoto nodded, straightening up. "I apologize. I shouldn't have been so forward." He looked back over Izuku's head and smirked in the slightest, quickly removing it before the other boy could notice. "I know you and Bakugo are still technically together, even with everything going on..."

"Yeah..." Izuku looked away. "I shouldn't have returned it... I'm sorry, too..."

"Don't apologize." Shoto placed his hand on Izuku's shoulder. "Let's go back."

Izuku nodded and followed him back to the classroom.

~

"Kacchan... Kacchan, please..." Izuku leaned on Katsuki's dorm room door, tears gathering in his eyes. "Please... Please, talk to me... I know you're in there..."

Katsuki was sitting on the floor, leaning back against the door as well. He stared across his room, arms over his knees. He wondered how long Izuku was going to stay this time.

Izuku sniffed, sliding down the door to kneel. "Kacchan... I don't know how much longer I can handle this... I... I almost preffer you yelling and screaming at me... I wish you would... Then things would be kind of normal..."

The blonde gulped, tearing up. He'd really rather I bully him than ignore him..?

"Todoroki kissed me today... While apologizing for saying what he said..."

Katsuki clenched his jaw and fists. I know... I saw... That bastard wanted me to see and he ain't sorry about a damn thing... He just wants you.

"It wasn't the same... It wasn't you..." Izuku murmured, curling up. He hugged his knees to his chest. "It just made me miss you more, Kacchan..."

The blonde's eyes widened slightly and he glanced over his shoulder.

Izuku gulped and pursed his lips. "I love you, Kacchan... I've loved you for a long time, and it's not transference... I told you that I was going to say your name in the forest... That was true... I didn't lie... Why would I lie about that..?"

Katsuki's fists shook and he reached for the doorknob.

"Kacchan, I miss laying beside you... I miss our homework sessions... I miss you pulling me away from everyone to kiss me. I want it back, Kacchan..."

He unlocked the door.

Izuku snapped his head up at the sound, then quickly shot to his feet.

The door opened and Katsuki stood on the other side, looking down.

Tears fell down Izuku's cheeks and he trembled. "K-Kacchan..."

Katsuki looked up to him, his own red eyes filled with tears. "I miss you, too..."

-----

838 words

Well, that angst didn't last long