042: The Last Day

Instead if sticking around, Blake goes to the Grill. She is going to work in her office until people want some late night drinks. She pulls up her computer after she glances at the plant Anna Zhu had given her. Poor Anna died during founder's day, when mayor Lockwood was killed in the fire.

Blake pours water into the fishbowl plant bowl, she is surprised it is still living. She then logs into her computer and pulls up the Grill files that are way over backed.
<==|==>

In the library of the boarding house now, Monique is there with Tanya, Elijah, Stefan, and Elena. John is officially up in the nursery, asleep. Tanya has Blake on speaker phone so that she can listen to the conversation and work, too.

"Tonight is the full moon," Elijah tells the ones with him. "We should assume Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Elena said that the Sun and the moon curse is fake?" Stefan claims. "That it's actually a curse placed on Klaus."

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline," Elijah explains. "The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it... he'll be a true hybrid."

That is when Aiden walks in. "When why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today. With Bonnie and Monique."

"Aiden..."

"No," Elena declines. "Bonnie amd Monique can't use that much power without dying... and Monique is expecting."

Aiden glances at Monique and back to Elena. "I'll write them and the baby a great eulogy."

"It's not an option, Aiden," Elena demands.

"All right, how do we break this curse?" Stefan asks, stopping a fight before he even begins.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward," Elijah replies. "The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The moonstone," Stefan names off.

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone," Elijah explains. "After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each."

"Where does Elena fit in?" Blake asks over the phone, momentarily startling Elijah - he hadn't known she was on the phone.

"The final Part of the ritual," Elijah finally replies and he takes a wooden box from a shelf. "Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger... to the point of your death."

Aiden looks right at Elena as Blake gasps over the phone, she stops typing quickly.

'And that's where you come in," Elena says.

Elijah opens the box and he removed a jar. "This is an elixir I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possesses mystical properties of resuscitation."

"So I'll be dead?" Elena asks.

"And then you won't," Elijah assures her.

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Aiden looks at Elena. "You want to come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"The Gilbert ring only works on humans," Blake explains over the phone. "Elena's a doppelgänger. A doppelgänger is a supernatural occurrence."

"As Blake just said," Elijah mutters. "Odds are, the ring won't work."

"I'll take those odds over your elixir," Aiden says to Elijah and he looks to the girl he loves who's with his brother. "What if it doesn't work, Elena?"