046: The Birthday

Blake has moved back into the Gilbert residence, it only makes sense. She is back in her own room, or.... John's old room. John's crib is against the window, the baby loves looking outside - especially on stormy days.

Blake is about to drop John off with Monique at the boarding house and head to the Grill. She finally hired a bartender after abou a month, the guys name is Jared. He's a good guy, good with people and has an amazing smile that woos all girls but Blake. She and Damon are doing amazing.

Blake walks into Jeremy's room and pulls the curtains open, letting the sunlight pour in n

"Ahhh!" Jeremy groans in protest. "Early! Bad."

"It's not early." Blake yanks the covers off of him. "You're late for work. Come on."

"Maybe you'll fire me," Jeremy mutters.

"Aim high, kid," Blake muses amd she walks to her room right across the hall, John has his head up like a turtle, looking around curiously. 'Hi, baby boy."

John looks at his mommy and grins at her, his face and the top of his onesie are soaked in drool where the baby is teething. Blake smiles adoringly and she picks him up. 

"Let's you ready for Monique," Blake coos and she carries him to her bed.

Blake changes John's diaper first then she dresses him. She grabs him and the diaper bag before she drags Jeremy out of the house, after she wished Elena a happy birthday.

Alaric has also been living there. He's been sleeping on the couch, he isn't comfortable sleeping in Jenna's old room yet. Not because it's beside Blake amd John's, but because it used to be Jenna's.
<==|==>

"Hey, Jared," Blake greets the bartender as Jeremy goes to clock in. "Had to get my nephew up. I'm going to end up firing him if he keeps it up."

"Yeah," Jared replies. "You need anything?"

"Just an apron," Blake replies. "I want to wait some tables before going to my office."

Jared nods and he reaches below the bar, and he hands Blake an apron. "Have fun."

"Oh, I will," Blake says as she ties the apron around her waist. "Have an good day, Jared."
<==|==>

Blake's face lights up with Monique walks in with John, he is three months old, going on four months. He's getting more and more hair, he's still a ginger, and still as adorable as ever.

"Someone wanted mommy," Monique coos. "He's gotten so used to you over the past few months."

"Damon is always so busy with Aiden and Ric," Blake mutters as she takes John. "I'll be at the boarding house tonight for Elena's birthday."

"I'll stay at yours with John," Monique promises, running herb barely noticeable baby bump - she's having triplets, all of which will have her witch trait.

"Okay," Blake says. "I'm going to my office with him. Jared, get her some water. She's pregnant, so no booze."

"Yes, boss," Jared mutters.

"Watch that tone," Blake demands.

"Sorry," Jared says quickly and he gets Monique a glass of ice cold water.