045: As I Lay Dying

Blake is going to be home all day, she wants to be here for Aiden if he needs her. Monique and Tanya have brought John out to get some air, he's going to be with those two at Tanya's for a couple days or until Stefan finds some type of miracle cure for a wolf bite to save Aiden's life. It's been almost two days since the funeral.

Blake doubts Stefan will find a cure, though.

Blake grabs her phone and dials a number.

"Hello?" The family original's voice sounds, he doesn't have the number saved.

"You betrayed us, Elijah," Blake whispers.

Elijah flinches at her make as Klaus puts his jacket on. "Blake."

"Elijah..." Blake feels her voice break. "My brother is dead."

"Oh?" Elijah asks. "How?"

Klaus can't know Elena's Alice, so she replies: "he didn't want to live without his daughter, so he removed his ring and had me kill him. That was the hardest thing I've ever done."

"I am terribly sorry, Blake," Elijah says.

"But you're not sorry for betraying me?" Blake asks sharply. "For betraying us?"

Elijah inhales. "I am sorry that, too; of course I am, Blake Gilbert but Klaus had promised to reunite me with my family."

"And of course you trust that sorry hybrid," Blake mutters.

Klaus grabs Elijah's phone at that. "Watch your tongue, love."

"You don't scare me, Klaus," Blake sneers amd she calms herself. "I was just calling my dear friend Elijah stupid for trusting you... So, goodbye.... For good." She hangs up, knowing Elijah and Klaus both knew that the goodbye for good was meant for Elijah.
<==|==>

Blake goes to the town square for this movie thing bu herself, Damon is staying at home with Aiden. She is meeting Monique, Tanya, and John there. She goes to their checkered blanket and she's beside her son, who is laying on his stomach with a wife, toothless grin.

Monique hands black a white cup. "Blood," she whispers.

Blake sighs in relief and she takes a couple good sized gulps. "I haven't had much since my brother and Jenna's funerals, and finding out Aiden is dying."

"Maybe this will be a much needed distraction," Tanya adds and she hands Blake a sandwich - it has pizza sauce, a large slather of pepperoni and some Cleese on a roll. "Here, eat some food, too. This town is too suspicious, anyway."

Blake nods in agreement, still remembering Liz and Matt's conversation in the Grill the other day. She takes she pizza type sandwich and she takes a bite.

"This is actually tasty," Blake compliments. "You made this?"

"Oh yeah, she did," Monique says, pride on her voice. "You should make her a cook at the Grill."

"I'll do that when I go back in to work," Blake says. "If you want to, that is, Tanya. Would you like to be our new cook, Tanya Harvey? Ours quit last week. I've made Damon cook some. Need someone more... permanent."

"I would love to be the cook at the Grill," Tanya says. But what about the bartending gig?"

"I'll do it until I find someone to hire," Blake replies. "There are a couple application I need to go through and bring in for interviews."

"Pick a guy," Monique says. "Make them know you're not sexist, and only want women workers."

"Matt works there," Blake reminds her.