Chapter 17: Breaking though the silence

I stayed in my room. Curled up in my blanket covered in a bunch of dirty tissues.
Lawchn has been sleeping at my place for the past 3 days to comfort me and help make things are less awkward between Bailey and I.
When I went downstairs I saw him sitting on the couch with his head in his hands crying. It wasn't sobbing crying it was just tears and sad facial expressions.
I want to go and confront him ask him why his crying but I just stand there behind him for a couple of minutes.
"I know your there Liz" he mumbles turning around.
I fold my arms and look at the ground hanging my head.
Just don't say anything Liz maybe he will turn back around and pretend that I am not there. But unfortunately he doesn't.
"Things don't have to be like this between us!" he says
"Yes Bailey! Yes they do! Have you seen what my so called friends have been sending me and saying to me?! Of course not! You started all of this crap! You said you loved me and you betrayed me, Just like my father and every other man in my life!" I cry
I burst into tears feeling embarrassed because I never let anyone else see me fall. I never open up enough to anyone to tell them my feelings, obviously that changes with Bailey.
"It was just a joke! I thought that you would take it but you just had to whack me in the nose! Besides don't you have that other dude Lawchn now?"
"He is just my friend and you really think all of this is a joke you sick asshole!" I scream
All the neighbours must be hearing our argument along with Lawchn.
"Calm down Liz please!"
I am sitting on my knees running my fingers through my dirty knotted hair screaming and crying.
I can't deal with any of this anymore. Those words that were said,the dirty looks I get from across the hall, the notes in my locker, the messages on Facebook Instagram etc and Bailey.
I get up from my crouching position and run to my door and open it. I run out of my driveway and down the street not bothering to shut the door.As I am running I hear Bailey and Lawchn yelling for me to come back and Lawchn trying to catch me.
But this time I don't want to be caught. I just want to keep running and running until I am very very far away from here. Far away from everyone. And no one can stop me.