8 • a pretty girl shouldn't be sad

『••✎••』

This wasn't the day, I wasn't feeling it.

I started the day with a bad mood and I felt extremely sad for unknown reasons, I always sigh heavily like I have a huge huge problem.

Like what is wrong with me?

James invited me to his place, he said he wanted to hang with the boys, Erin and I, along with a few more people whom I didn't know yet.

Since there were people who I didn't know yet I at least wanted to dress nice, so I got the most unusual clothes I've got in my closet, a dress. Not just a skimpy looking one, I absolutely hate those. I got an almost an inch above the knee type of dress, it was white and it really went along with my chestnut looking hair.

I still felt extremely down, I had no idea why. Maybe I just woke up at the wrong side of the bed? I don't know, maybe I'm just acting like a little bitch, mature up Lynn.

After minutes of fixing my hair and face which I barely put any effort in, I told James I'm on my way to his place.

The drive was fun, I blasted music and just sang along to the song even if my voice would crack, I didn't give a fuck. Finally, I pulled up on the side and decided this was a good spot to park on.

Once I opened my door I was greeted by a very sweaty man, he caught me off guard and I got scared so bad I hit my elbow on the door. "Ah shit." I mutter, holding my elbow, listening to Brad laugh his face off.

"I'm so sorry, note to self not to ever do that, again." He snorted, I slap his arm playfully and headed towards the front door. "Why are you so sweaty?" I chuckle, pushing the hair away from my face, so I wouldn't eat it.

"You look nice." He tittered.

I look up at him and he was smiling at me. "I always do." I scoff and rolled my eyes playfully. "Kidding, thanks." I chuckle and realized that he still hasn't answered my question.

"Hey answer my question." I said, we've reached the front door and I rang the doorbell. "I'm a sweaty man Lynn." He grins, I gave him a deadpanned glare. "That didn't answer my question, you know what? Whatever." I sighed, causing him to laugh and suddenly the door opened, revealing Tris with his usual big ass shirts and a cup. He was also very sweaty, gosh what is with these people? Should I be sweating too?

"Hey you two, give me a hug." He reaches for a hug, I immediately back off. "Not with that much sweat I don't think so." I sassily pointed at his shirt and chuckled. "Rude." He scoffs, "Give me a hug Brad." He then reaches for Brad and he did give in, they really are children.

"By the way looking good Lynn." Tris added.

"Thanks sweet."

Pushing away from their childishness, I entered the room and it was pretty. Very modern.

Wish my flat could look like this but nope, me and my lazy ass couldn't do it.

"Lynn! Finally!" Erin says and places her cup down, she was in the lounge with two ladies, they were really beautiful, I feel out of place.

"Hello." I said, to not only her but to the people sitting as well. They both happily replied and this is where I started to sweat. Damn is this really the cause of sweating so much? "Erin why are the boys so sweaty?" I whisper and looked at the three boys who were talking. "I don't know, anyways. Meet Gemma and Helene. One of my friends just recently at work, also a friend of James." She said, I smiled politely at them and said, "Nice to meet you two, please excuse these boys they're extremely weird and sweaty." I said, which caused them both to laugh.

What is with me and sweat?

"Glad to meet you, head you're pretty great." The girl on the left said, I still don't know who is who. "Lynn." I smile and took my hand out for her to shake which she gladly did. "Gemma."

"You too." I faced whom I assume is Helene, "I get a pretty chill and a bit of crazy, in a good way, vibe from you. Which is great not gonna lie." I smile at her words and thanked her.

Minutes later we started chatting about our lives, Erin basically told half of mine to them to I didn't have to do anything. It was awkward for me but they seem to feel comfortable, but like I said, I wasn't feeling it today. So I excused myself and said I needed to go to the bathroom.

I made my way to the loo and shut the door softly, honestly I did need to pee but I didn't want to feel left out, out there because I just didn't want to be such a boomer.

Maybe I should go somewhere after this, maybe have a drive around and eat at a small place who knows?

"Hello? Lynn?" I heard a knock from outside, "Yeah?" I yell back, "I need to wee, can you hurry up a bit?" He chuckles awkwardly and I mentally face palmed myself for staring at the mirror. "Oh yeah, sorry hold on." I flush the toilet and washed my hands, I sighed and opened the door.

"Sorry for the wait." I said blankly and smiled. "Are you upset?" He grins, I furrow my brows and scoffed. "No I'm not." I smiled and tried to walk away, "A pretty girl shouldn't be sad." I heard him say but I ignored it.

-

Hours later, I felt extremely bored. This isn't the first time I hung out with these guys bringing new people and me getting bored. I'm shy at some point but I'm also not when I feel like it.

So my plan of going out did continue, I wanted to ring Con but he wasn't around. He got sick for some reason and was brought to the hospital, might even visit him if I get the chance to.

"Where are you headed?" I heard Tris say from behind, "Around." I shrug, not really knowing where to go. "Well I'd like to go with you, sounds fun." He shrugs, managing to keep a serious face. Cause if I were him I'd laugh so hard because of my stupid answer.

"Great then!"

<><><>

Sorry if this was lame, the next chapter isn't tho. ALSO I'M EXTREMELY SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING I WASN'T FEELING IT (that's why this was Lynn's mood on this chapter because when I began writing this chapter I wasn't having it.)

I hope you enjoyed this! Much loveee!! <33