15 • last night

『••✎••』
[Brad's POV]

Driving my way to Tris' was killing me, I don't know what he'd tell me nor how I'd react.

I park my car on the parking lot and made my way inside the building, to my surprise, it was empty, well almost.

Making my way to his room, every step I take my heart beats much much more louder and my palms start to become sweaty. I can't even control my emotions anymore, I don't know what to feel.

There I was, standing in front of his door, like an idiot. I slowly knock softly hoping he'd hear, "Tris?" I said, loud enough for him to hear, again, hopefully. I wait for  couple of seconds and I heard soft, muffled, thuds in there, assuming he was coming.

"Mate!" He then opens the door, he seemed excited, and, bloodshot eyes, what has he been up to? Maybe this has something to do with Lynn? No, stop it, stop trying to make it all about her.

"Hey, could we talk?" I gave him a weak smile, "Sure, about what?" He asks, letting me in. I observe the place, it was humid, quite dark and stuffy, all of his stuff are messy. I was confused, very confused.

"Woah, what happened here man? Y'alright?" I titter, I wanted to light up the mood somehow, which I clearly failed at. Pathetic. "You want some tea? I didn't expect you coming so it might take a while." He says from the kitchen counter, why is he acting so formal?

"Tris, you don't have to act so formal around me, we're friends." I chuckle.

"Am I not allowed to?" he replied, in kind of a harsh way that made my stomach drop, he's never like this. I started to worry and I didn't know if it was a good time to talk about this but, it was my fault anyways, I didn't ask ahead. "Sure you can." I muttered. He sits beside me.

"Anyways, what is it you want to talk about?" Tristan hands me a cup of tea and I thank him, this is kind of making me uncomfortable. "Well, if you don't know still um," I click my tongue, struggling to find the right words to say. "Has Lynn been with you recently? Like have you talked?" I cross my arms, Tris had wide eyes, he wasn't looking at me at all. He was more like, scared to even talk about this.

"Tris?" I call out his name, hoping he'd snap out of his thoughts or whatever the fuck he was thinking.

"I..w-we...um." He clears his throat, there's definitely something wrong.

"What is it Tris?"

He licks his lips and turns to me, "Is this what you came here to to talk about?" he said, shakily. Okay someone tell me what he fuck is happening. "Did something happen? Tris spill it out, what the fuck?" I was being a bit pushy, I couldn't help it. "No, nothing happened. I haven't been catching up with her for the past," he pauses, his eyes locked on the floor.

"week." he trails off.

I couldn't just let this slip, there's obviously something up but there's plenty of time to wait. Also, this is Tristan Evans, he couldn't keep this from anyone for long. Quite like Lynn.

"Have you got any more to talk about?" He says, finally looking up at me. Smiling even. I looked at him confused, "I-well, last night." I was hesitating whether to tell him, he already seemed affected when I mentioned Lynn.

"Last night?" His voice cracked, his eyes were glossy and I ignored it, maybe he was just sleepy and shit. I didn't want to assume even thought it's a very hard thing to do. Especially in this situation.

"I invited her to go to the hospital-"

"Why?" I was cut off, I gave him a weird look and tried to shake it off. "Because I felt like I needed some company...Anyways, minutes before she got there, there was this group of people that wanted to interview me. Which I found quite weird so I decided to make Lynn do it instead." I look up at him, he was just nodding his head, his eyes still glued to the floor as if he's already heard the story, I furrow my brows at him and continued to tell him what happened while looking straight at him.

"Yeah, that's shocking." He says, completely blunt. I wanted to yell, and ask what the fuck was wrong with him. "Are you okay? You're-"

"Well it was nice talking to you." He stands up and walks towards the door. "You can leave now."

I found that a bit offensive and shocking, can he stop acting like this, this is not him. "Okay, leaving." I mutter, making my way out of this room.

Whatever the fuck he was going through I hope he fucking gets over it because he needs to cheer up or some shit.

I walk back to where I parked and took a second to look at the time, it wasn't even that late. Only an hour has passed and all I wanted to do now is fucking sleep. I got so irritated at Tris so easily, I didn't want that. He was so moody and he wouldn't tell me what the fuck was up.

I tried to forget about it and drive my way home.

The drive home took the same time as going there so that was boring.

I pull up on the drive way, turning the engine off.

Walking up to the door, I quickly opened the door, luckily I had the spare key.

"Erin I'm home!" I yell, placing the keys on the small table, removing my shoes and the moment I looked up, there she was.

Her smile faded once I looked up, I totally forgot that she was still here. Fuck!

None of us moved, I wasn't able to move, I can't.

Suddenly I remembered everything that had happened earlier. The moments I tried my best to forget, I can't believe it still hasn't been a day since this happened, but it does feel like it happened ages ago.

"I was about to leave."

<><><>

[NEW UPDATE! I kinda like updating on my laptop because it's so much easier and I feel motivated doing it so here you go! What do you think would happen? Honestly, this is kinda ridiculous lmao. Hope you enjoyed this! Vote, comment and share this story if you wish, thanks for reading! x]