13 • what was that for?

『••✎••』

I didn't wait for him that long, he took about 5 minutes to come over. I had prepared stuff, chips and drinks, just not sure if he'd like them.

"How are you even awake this early?" I asked him, "I don't know, couldn't sleep." He responded. Tris was making some sort of snack, which made me confused because I already prepared some.

"So you wanna talk about it?" He says from the kitchen counter.

"Well, that's the point of you coming over innit?" I purse my lips, watching him as he made his way towards me holding a plate of bread with chocolate and whipped cream on top.

"Interesting." I mutter and nodded towards the plate.

"I make this all the time, it's great."  I smile back at him, not knowing what to respond with. "So you do want to talk about it now?" He sits beside me, offering me the snack. I didn't look at him though, I just continued to stare at the telly.

"No thanks."

"What?" He asked, probably thought I didn't want to talk about it. "No I mean, the snack. No thanks, but okay so here's the thing." I trailed off.

"The only thing I'm worried about is my reputation against Brad and what could possibly happen between them and Erin if she finds out."  I wave my hand around, expressing my emotions.

"I think, you should cool off." He says, with his mouth full. "And see what happens then, if you feel like he's mad then let him be, but if it's the opposite, try to talk." He trailed off, man, I swear this dude is great.

"Thanks Tris." Is all I could reply, I look him straight in the eye. He doesn't respond, instead he returns the action.

"I really hope what you said would work, so that nothing bad would happen, Erin and I would still be friends, even Brad! Oh, also their marriage, they have to continue it, ugh. I swear I'm always messing up, I just can't control my emotions and now here I am, just kissed the person that I still have feelings towards. Such a fucking cunt. I shouldn't have done-"

I was taken aback by his actions, so suddenly Tristan placed his lips on mine.

My immediate response was to pull away but, I couldn't, I was so shocked. We weren't moving, just still, few seconds later he pulled away and his eyes widened.

"What was that for?" I asked. Still trying to process everything.

"You were ranting so much."

"I don't know if that's a joke or what but, okay?" I purse my lips. My heart beats faster and the atmosphere becomes more awkward, he could've just shushed me but instead he fucking kissed me.

What a great timing.

"I'll see you tomorrow." He grunts and stands up, I don't look at him. I didn't want to it was already awkward. "Okay." I muttered before he slammed the door shut, causing the sound to echo in my whole flat.

I didn't know what it meant, if he had feelings for me or he just simply did it to make me stop talking which he could've done in the first place by just, telling me to shut the fuck up.

I want to forget about it, I've kissed two people today and that's not good because, I'm a fucking idiot and I go for the worst things that could happen.

Looking back to the table, I saw my phone. Grabbed it immediately and checked the time, 6:30. I placed my phone down and decided to get ready to go to Erin's. I headed to the shower and just threw on some leggings and a sweater, the usual. Slipped some vans on and checked the time, 6:55. Erin is quite the early bird so I grabbed my keys, made my way to the parking lot and drove to McDonalds, I needed some snacks.

The chips and drinks weren't enough, I wouldn't also consider it breakfast.

Once I've reached McDonalds, I went to drive thru and grabbed a couple of meals.

-

I have arrived, slowly parking on their driveway.

My palms began to sweat, I mean, Erin said Brad wouldn't be over right? So I guess no biggie.

Walking towards the door, I saw a silhouette reflecting on the window beside the door, it was obviously him. I tried my best to keep still and watch him from the reflection. He was dressed up, maybe on his way to the "thing" he was doing.

Thoughts from this morning flood my mind, I shut my eyes a couple of times and tried to stop thinking about it. He then eventually leaves the lot, he didn't even see my car nor use his. I turn to look at him, following.

Once he was far enough, I was about to knock on the door when it opened.

"Lynn! Why are you just standing there? You could've knocked." She giggles, I turn to face her. Erin was her usual self, so giggly and happy and shit.

"Oh I...got a call." I lied, "So yeah." I shove my hands on my leggings which surprisingly had pockets, shrugging and pursing my lips.

"Oh, okay. Come in then, Brad just left. Did you catch up with him?" Erin smiled, this is depressing. "Uh...no, I didn't see him, at all." I lied again, I mean, I couldn't help it.

"I made some pie."

Sometimes I wish I could be like Erin, the one who doesn't give a shit but at the same time she's so kind and caring. Well, I don't give a shit but, I'm a pussy so...

Sitting on the sofa, I once again zoned out, drowning in my thoughts again. If I talked to Brad, what should I say? When am I planning on doing that? Honestly, I don't even think I could do it but, Tristan said.

Oh fuck and the one about Tristan.

This is so messed up.

<><><>

Hello! What did you think? 🥺👉🏻👈🏻

Thank you for all the reads on this story! Much appreciated! 💚💚 much luuuvvv x.